Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do you let your pet(s) lay on your couch?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

97 71.85%
  • No

20 14.81%
  • Sometimes (please explain this one).

18 13.33%
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets on the couch.

1. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥

Pets on the couch.

Advertisements
    Do you let your pet(s) lay on your couch? Or do you absolutely forbid it?

2. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    My dogs were always allowed on the couches. Not in the bed though, the bed is for people, but the couches are for family.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  3. Surviving Our First Deployment
    Surviving Our First Deployment
    yes my dog is attached to my butt so she lays where i lay sits where i sit and follows me everywhere,lol i dont have a problem with her on my furniture but she is only 5lbs if i had a bigger dog i might not feel the same way.
    Wife to an army tanker ~Mommy to 2 great kids and a wild furbaby.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Dee View Post
    My dogs were always allowed on the couches. Not in the bed though, the bed is for people, but the couches are for family.
    same here! but now i just have a cat and i think it would be impossible to keep him off the couch, i have a hard enough time keeping him off the counter! and out of the turtle cage...
  5. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Meesha is definitely allowed on my couch. We JUST bought a new couch though, so I get a little EHH when she gets up, but she usually lays on the comforter. I'm just worried about those nails of hers But once she learns she's allowed up there, there is no turning back!

6. I suck at grammar!
    I suck at grammar!
    Ft.Riley but My deployment homey is in Tx.
    Blog Entries
    yea the dogs in our house can go where ever we go except the counters and tables
  7. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    Meesha is definitely allowed on my couch. We JUST bought a new couch though, so I get a little EHH when she gets up, but she usually lays on the comforter. I'm just worried about those nails of hers But once she learns she's allowed up there, there is no turning back!
    Do you know how to clip her nails?
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  8. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Do you know how to clip her nails?
    I do, I just get scared to cut them too short since she has black nails. So really I've only been trimming. Next vet visit we go to, I think I'll ask them to do it so they can show me how short I can cut them. I don't want to make her bleed!

9. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    I do, I just get scared to cut them too short since she has black nails. So really I've only been trimming. Next vet visit we go to, I think I'll ask them to do it so they can show me how short I can cut them. I don't want to make her bleed!
    Yeah have them show you exactly how far back you can go, and a great way for her to file them down herself is to walk her on sidewalks and whatnot daily so that they don't get too bad. You can also file them with a dremel tool so that they are rounded off and not so sharp. As long as you don't chop her whole nail off when you clip them, a little bit of blood won't hurt her. You can buy alum at the commissary by the spices and if you cut her nail back too far and it bleeds a little bit, alum will stop the bleeding.
  10. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Yeah have them show you exactly how far back you can go, and a great way for her to file them down herself is to walk her on sidewalks and whatnot daily so that they don't get too bad. You can also file them with a dremel tool so that they are rounded off and not so sharp. As long as you don't chop her whole nail off when you clip them, a little bit of blood won't hurt her. You can buy alum at the commissary by the spices and if you cut her nail back too far and it bleeds a little bit, alum will stop the bleeding.
    See that's the thing, I walk her two times a day, an hour at least each. I really think these German sidewalks don't file her nails at all! Back home with my family dogs, we never cut their nails because the side walks always filed them down. But Meesha's just don't go down!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast