Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cat has sores..

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Cat has sores..

Advertisements
    So Reefy is heading back to the vet again (calling tomorrow morning) because when we got home today, I noticed he has a sore on his little snout again.... this is about the maybe 4th? time he has gotten them? But this time it's in his little whiskers...

The first/second time we treated it with antibiotics, third time with a steroid shot....

Any suggestions from the pet professionals? Could it be allergies (Reef having allergies I mean)? Is it painful for him to have these sores, and if so, anything natural I can give him? I just feel so bad for the poor little guy... he's acting normal, just sleeping a bit more than usual.

ETA: Vet said it's not cacne... and we've changed the water bowls out for stainless steel ones.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Poor reefers. Awww. I hate it when pets are sick. Poor baby.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    Poor reefers. Awww. I hate it when pets are sick. Poor baby.
    I know! I'm such a crazy cat lady and get upset when any of them have issues!

When Riley was sick the other day, my stepmom was like "maybe Riley is allergic to the cats" and I said "I hope not, because where would he live?"
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    I know! I'm such a crazy cat lady and get upset when any of them have issues!

When Riley was sick the other day, my stepmom was like "maybe Riley is allergic to the cats" and I said "I hope not, because where would he live?"

I was totally crazy cat lady when I lived in Portland. I had four. But then me and my ex broke up and I moved out and he kept the cats for me. So now HE'S crazy cat lady. But I pay him kitty support and when we get into our house I am going down there to get two of them.
  5. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    kitty. Poor baby. I hope he gets better
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i found two sores on mari recently too. i have to call the vet on lunch and see when i can get her in. i have no idea what it is. oh and the elizabethan collar from her spaying is in my car, which is undergoing repairs.

i hope reefy gets better.