Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: new request

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

new request

Advertisements
    i love getting new request clients. the ones who gush on and on about the haircut i just gave their dog. the ones who insist i give them a business card with my name on it so they remember my name and can ask for me next time. i love it.

but i HATE it when it's a really bad difficult dog. i had a dog today that was a "sitter" i could not get this dog to stand and stay standing to save his life! not only that, but mom was ridiculously picky about how she wanted the face done...but this dog was AWFUL for his face! it was so difficult to do!

and now i'm stuck with the dog. she loved what i did, asked for my name on a card, and said she'd be back. yippie....

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. 웃♥유
    웃♥유
    Born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, but currently in Oklahoma City.
    how much does it cost to get a dog a haircut where you work?
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailors♥Sweetie. View Post
    how much does it cost to get a dog a haircut where you work?
    we price by breed

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I miss you around here!
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    I miss you around here!
    we have been so crazy busy at work that i just come home and crash. this has been an abnormally busy feb. usually feb is the slowest month of the year for groomers, but i've been making some bank!

i'm trying to be around more, i promise!

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hey if i post a pic of my one dog can you tell me which blade would be good to take him down for the summer, maybe like a "puppy" cut?
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    Hey if i post a pic of my one dog can you tell me which blade would be good to take him down for the summer, maybe like a "puppy" cut?
    well, all "puppy cut" means is taking him down to the same length all over.

so would you want him nice short flat and smooth, with a little bit of fuzz, about a half inch, little more, little less? and also the issue with breeds like aussies that have the undercoat is if you're going to shave them down, you have to make sure the coat isn't too thick. if it's too thick, it has to be taken all the way down or the blades won't go through the coat. there's also the great debate as to whether or not to shave down a double coated breeed.