Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Done with pee pee pads!!!!

1. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!

Done with pee pee pads!!!!

Advertisements
    I am soooo done with pee pee pads. My dogs are going to start acting like every other dog out there and start going potty OUTSIDE!!!!!

So far I have taken them for walks 4 times today and they each peed each time which is a good start. I also bought a second crate last night because I want to start crate training them so while we are gone during the day, they aren't ripping the house apart.

I am trying my best. They are small dogs but that is no excuse and living on the second floor isn't a good excuse either. But I am trying.......I just hope it is having a effect on them.
  2. Senior Member
    I only put the papers down for when I'm gone at work all day (I usually leave at 6:45am and get home around 5pm), but at night/home all day, I pick the papers up and she goes outside.

3. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Currently there is only one pee pee pad down and it's in the bathroom but once I see that they are starting to get the idea of going outside, I will take it up.

My 2 year old is going to be hard to train because she has been so used to going on the pee pee pads, but she is getting there. So really the pee pee pad that I have down is mainly for her.
  4. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Well I tried all week long and they just won't go outside. They prefer the pee pad (well at least my older girl has the hang of it)......so I guess I will continue with the pads. Plus the weather is crappy and they are chihuahuas and they hate yucky weather.

Now when it's nice out I will still take them for walks 3-4 times a day and if they go potty outside then, YAY! If not, no biggie as long as they go on the pad (which Jimmy is the one I am having issues with).
  5. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Are they puppies?

I never used pee pee pads. Then again I never lived in an apt building so I can see how it would be convenient

6. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I tried the pads and my dog would run with them, thinking they were on the floor for him to play with. He was such a fun puppy...

We eventually trained him to go out on the balcony (which was good and bad, I hated cleaning out there...we are in an apt, too.) and when he learned to go out there, we would take him downstairs everytime he went to the door to go out. It didn't take as long as I expected it to.

Hopefully yours will learn quickly. We crate trained, too, and it helped a lot! Now he is alost 2 and we can leave him in the apt all day with no issues.

7. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    My girl is 2 years old and she is fully pad trained. My boy is 8 months and he is getting there. They are both chihuahuas so they don't make big messes. I just can't wait for it to just click in Jimmy's brain to go on the pad.

Oh and they don't play with the pads or tear them up.
  8. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen113007 View Post
    I tried the pads and my dog would run with them, thinking they were on the floor for him to play with. He was such a fun puppy...

We eventually trained him to go out on the balcony (which was good and bad, I hated cleaning out there...we are in an apt, too.) and when he learned to go out there, we would take him downstairs everytime he went to the door to go out. It didn't take as long as I expected it to.

Hopefully yours will learn quickly. We crate trained, too, and it helped a lot! Now he is alost 2 and we can leave him in the apt all day with no issues.
    I am doing that as well because they get into trouble when left alone in the apartment. So far they don't mind their crates.
  9. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal520 View Post
    My girl is 2 years old and she is fully pad trained. My boy is 8 months and he is getting there. They are both chihuahuas so they don't make big messes. I just can't wait for it to just click in Jimmy's brain to go on the pad.

Oh and they don't play with the pads or tear them up.
    I've been told that boy puppies can be a little more stubborn in that dept. And I'm glad yours dont play with them! Cooper wouldn't pee on it at all, 'd set it down and within minutes it was torn to shreds and he was running out of the room.