Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free to not just good home, but GREAT home - UPDATE

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Sad Free to not just good home, but GREAT home - UPDATE

Advertisements
    UPDATE - I talked with a gentleman that is another GS employee here at NAS but also runs a dog training business. He has offered to work with us and our Beagle for free for a few weeks to see if we can come up with some solutions. I have decided to take him up on his offer so that we can avoid having to give up on the dog. I am praying this works and I thank you all for your suggestions and support.

Okay, please read through entire posts before any flaming or anything like that....
    We got a beagle last summer, thought we had it all figured out and could train a beagle fine. NOT the case. We have had a lot of problems and I have figured out this dog really needs somebody who can spend more time working with him - i.e. a Stay-at-home mom or dad. He needs A LOT of interaction.
    So, we have made the difficult decision that as much as we love him, he is also not going to work for our family and I want to find him a new home that can put that time towards him. I HATE doing that and I HATE giving up on him. However, I also know that the dog has frustrated me to the point that I am resenting him and I don't want to feel that way. I want to enjoy my pet. I know that pets are work, but some are more work than others and so be it, some just don't mesh well with certain families.
    If anyone is in Lemoore and interested, please PM me and you can make arrangements to come by and visit with him. He is very loving and playful, but also very stubborn.
    Last edited by flangl18; 02-26-2009 at 02:32 PM.
  2. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I wish you lived in GA. I would have loved to welcome your little Beagle pooch in my home.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm not anywhere near CA, but I will for you.

I hope you can find him a great home.

Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want.

P.S.~ Did you get him from a breeder? If so would they be willing to take him back, and find a good home for him?
  4. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    I'm sorry you are having issues with him. I have a Puggle, who is mainly Beagle and I know exactly what you are talking about. We've had him for about 1 1/2 years now and he still has his days where I think I might explode.

I hope you can find him a good home!

5. Senior Member
    I wish you were closer. I have one pretty well trained beagle already so it wouldnt be rough on me. I'm like 3000 miles too far though.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

for you
  7. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen113007 View Post
    I'm sorry you are having issues with him. I have a Puggle, who is mainly Beagle and I know exactly what you are talking about. We've had him for about 1 1/2 years now and he still has his days where I think I might explode.

I hope you can find him a good home!
    Threadjack - I just have to see a photo of a puggle!! I can't even picture it but he sounds adorable!!

OP, I wish I were closer to help you out.

Just a couple of thoughts - would having a second dog help? I know, more work and all but I was thinking of a friend for your dog, someone to buddy around with.

Also, what about doggy daycare?

I hope that things work out either way!
  8. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I hope you can find the perfect home for him. I'm on the other side of the Country but I would love to see him!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Sorry to hear that it's not working out with your beagle. I hope you find a good home for him. I got a beagle last year and she is/was a LOT of work, so I can definitely relate.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    Threadjack - I just have to see a photo of a puggle!! I can't even picture it but he sounds adorable!!

OP, I wish I were closer to help you out.

Just a couple of thoughts - would having a second dog help? I know, more work and all but I was thinking of a friend for your dog, someone to buddy around with.

Also, what about doggy daycare?

I hope that things work out either way!
    We do have a second dog and when we got the beagle, we did it with the other dog in mind - i.e. a pal for our mutt. They get along fine, but the other dog is much more low maintenance and not nearly as "needy" as the beagle.
    Honestly, around here it is really hard for alternatives as far as doggie day care and so forth.

We got the dog from a rescue in the area.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast