Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dog meds

1. Senior Member

Dog meds

Advertisements
    I'm sure the answer is a resounding no, but just in case...My dog is normally on a dose of Deramaxx every day for arthritis related problems. And of course, we run out on the weekend and she's limping around pretty bad. Is there anything I can give her here to help alleviate some of the pain? I know we've been advised to give her baby aspirin before, but of course, we don't have any. I'm pretty sure Tylenol and Advil are big no-nos. Any advice?
  2. Senior Member
    Baby asprin or buffered is safe at about 5mg per pound every 12 hours. How much does she weigh?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Baby asprin or buffered is safe at about 5mg per pound every 12 hours. How much does she weigh?
    She weighs 83 pounds, but aspirin is the one thing I don't have in the house. As I understand it, nothing else is good for her. Like tyleon and advil, so right now I'm going to just try and drape her hip and leg with the heat pad. I just didn't know if there were other alternatives besides aspirin, since I don't have it.
  4. Senior Member
    If you do get some you can give her 1 1/4 adult or 5 baby aspirin every twelve hours. You can't give her anything else unfortunately it will be toxic. Watch the heat pad though, you can easily burn her skin, dogs and cats are more susceptible to heat pad burns than we are. Hopefully she starts feeling better.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    If you do get some you can give her 1 1/4 adult or 5 baby aspirin every twelve hours. You can't give her anything else unfortunately it will be toxic. Watch the heat pad though, you can easily burn her skin, dogs and cats are more susceptible to heat pad burns than we are. Hopefully she starts feeling better.
    Thanks, I'm going to get some aspirin tomorrow until I get over to pick up her Deramaxx. Thanks for the warning on the heat pad, didn't know but I'll be super cautious if I decide to use it.