Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog sitting

1. stokes

dog sitting

Advertisements
    i am dog sitting for a friend while he is on fex with dh. the dog is driving me nutso. the guy said he was house trained, and that if he had to go he would bark, or whine by the door....not true. that dog has yet to pee outside. this moring i woke up and there were THREE suprises for me. i take him out and he does nothing. i have had to work so i leave him in the cage while i am gone, but since he is in for atleast eight hours i let him out at night, but after this morning i am wondering if i should just leave him in all night too. is that too harsh. IMO he needs to be caged trained but he's not my dog. any suggestions. HELP
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Are you being cautious to take the dog out RIGHT before bed so he can empty the bladder completely? I'm sorry this is happening sweety! Hang in there!
  3. stokes
    yep. i take him out as soon as i get up, leave, go to bed and i stand with him for (not kidding) 5 to 10 mins. last night he did go #2 before bed but that is it.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  5. stokes
    tell me about it. is it too much to leave him in the cage while i'm at work and while i sleep?
  6. Senior Member
    How long will be this for? If it is a couple of days than I say do it. If you have a fenced backyard I would let him out ther by himself for a bit everyday. Can you come home on your lunch to let him out for even 20 minutes? Good luck!!
    blinkies by Britt
  7. stokes
    three weeks. our fenced in yard is not to relieable so i won't do that. he is a small dog and i am afraid of him gettingout. i can't make it home on lunch. my neighbor comes over to check on him sometimes. but i don't count on that. i've been walking him too. and he doesn't "go" on walks either
  8. Senior Member
    I think he just misses his "daddy".
    blinkies by Britt
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    if it is just for a few days I would also put him in the cage at night. If when you get home you can take him out and run him around to burn off some energy that would be great.
  10. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    Sorry thats happening!

Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast