Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My very vocal puppy.

1. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥

My very vocal puppy.

Advertisements
    I took Meesha to the vet today.

Ever since we got her, she's been such a whiner. If we don't pay attention to her, she whines. If I go upstairs (since she can't walk up there herself yet), she whines. In the car, she whines. Out in public, she whines!

I was so embarrassed at the vet today just because she wouldn't stop whinning. When her whining doesn't get her attention, it turns to full blown crying/screaming. I felt like the ladies at the vet were thinking "Wow does that woman have a horrible dog."

Oh and don't get me started on other dogs. She is AFRAID of other dogs. My German Shepherd is afraid of dogs. And of course she's only 12 weeks old, still small, and a HUGE Great Dane walks in the clinic and she starts freaking out!

I just don't know how to calm her down. I even try to socialize her by taking her to a friend's house with a dog. She was so scared at first but then got used to the dog. I thought she'd be better, but it's still the same. I know I need more play dates for her.

I don't know where I'm going with this I just wanted to tell somebody

2. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    She's a German Shepherd, they whine, they're actually big crybabies!!!!

Do you live close to a park or something? She needs to get outside more with other people, noises, and animals.

I know it's gross and snowy here right now, but it sounds like she needs to get out and about!

Do you have your USAEUR drivers license yet?
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  3. Senior Member
    Sampson, my eight year old German Shepherd, is HORRIBLE for whining about stuff that frightens or scares him. When we are out and about if something happens that bothers him he just erupts in whining. He isn't too bad about whining when he wants something, but when he's afraid he's horrible. Thunder storms happen and I have a huge whining baby on my feet. He howls when any sort of emergency vehicle drives past the house too. My in-laws shepherd is very vocal too. Seems to just be a trait of theirs.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My beagle was scared to death of other dogs, too, when I first got her. I just did my best to introduce her to other dogs on walking trails and such, but I think boarding her at the vet for our vacations helped her be around other dogs as well and play with them. Now she loves them.
    I think your pup will eventually get over her fear. She's still a little baby.
  5. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    my dog did that for awhile. after like 4-5mo old, he kinda stopped and only whines now sometimes. its not bad at all. and he barks at other dogs but thats b/c now he wants to play with them.

[/url]
  6. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Dee View Post

Do you live close to a park or something? She needs to get outside more with other people, noises, and animals.

I know it's gross and snowy here right now, but it sounds like she needs to get out and about!

That's the thing...she's outside a lot!!! We walk her everyday. On the weekends, we let her off the leesh and run around a bike path we have here. She is fine with people, but other dogs, she's a baby!!! When she hears interesting noises, she'll stop and listen. When she sees other dogs on our walks, she'll freeze, and if the dog comes closer to her, that's when she starts freaking out.

I think today since it was her first car ride with us, she was scared and curious about that. But damn was I embarrassed at the vet with that huge Great Dane. It sounded like I stabbed her or something.

Oh and I don't have my USAEUR license yet, but DH has his so at least we can drive. I need to take the test ASAP!

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Your right don't respond at all when she wines..It's going to take a while it will not happen right away but she will start to put two and two together.

Take her to Pet Smart take he to a park and walk. Don't walk up to dogs and encourage her to meet them just keep going. Make sure your body does not change when dogs come around( stay calm...don't tense up) Ya know bc she can feel it. She may just be worried.

I never let my dog just walk up and meet a dog..If I'm meeting a girlfriend with a dog I don't know..She will walk in front of me so my dog can walk behind and smell...My dog will take about 5 - 10 mins b4 she wants to meet a dog and even then we keep walking together.

Try not to take your puppy into someones house to meet a new dog. That will make her even more timid make sure they meet on neutral ground(a walk)..

Hope this helps
  8. Senior Member
    One thing I learned with my dog is to NEVER give her any form of attention if she whines, barks, or displays any behavior that I want her to stop. I simply turn my back and pretend she doesn't exist. As soon as she stops for even a second, I praise her. They learn quickly that if they want your attention, they have to behave

And I'm sure that as long as you keep socializing her, she'll get over her fears. Just make sure to immerse her in as many new situations as possible. Cute puppy BTW
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Dee View Post

ot to hijack this thread , but how come military dependants need a USAEUR license here ? Is your international DL not valid here for driving and insurance ?

"And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever."~ John Tyree
  10. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirll View Post
    Your right don't respond at all when she wines..It's going to take a while it will not happen right away but she will start to put two and two together.

Take her to Pet Smart take he to a park and walk. Don't walk up to dogs and encourage her to meet them just keep going. Make sure your body does not change when dogs come around( stay calm...don't tense up) Ya know bc she can feel it. She may just be worried.

I never let my dog just walk up and meet a dog..If I'm meeting a girlfriend with a dog I don't know..She will walk in front of me so my dog can walk behind and smell...My dog will take about 5 - 10 mins b4 she wants to meet a dog and even then we keep walking together.

Try not to take your puppy into someones house to meet a new dog. That will make her even more timid make sure they meet on neutral ground(a walk)..

Hope this helps
    Honestly I wish we had a Petsmart here, I'd take her everyday to get used to animals! But Petsmart isn't international

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast