Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Eat The Baby!!!

1. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries

Don't Eat The Baby!!!

Advertisements
    Oh this will be fun! LOL!!

We are dog-sitting a friend's new teacup yorkie puppy; the puppy, Poe, is a surprise gift for our friend's daughter's birthday.

So far my dog has attempted to eat Poe no less than five times! Oy.

The good news is that the little girl doesn't know about the puppy so if my dog manages to eat it between now and Thursday, her heart won't be broken
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    What kind of dog do you have?
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. Senior Member
    That really made me laugh, thanks i needed that.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Pics please!!!
  5. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    I have a mini-dachshund; she gets along well with big dogs but has a burning desire to eat cats so I don't know if she thinks little dog = cat.

I will have some pics soon!
  6. Banned
    Banned
  7. ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    Oh this will be fun! LOL!!

We are dog-sitting a friend's new teacup yorkie puppy; the puppy, Poe, is a surprise gift for our friend's daughter's birthday.

So far my dog has attempted to eat Poe no less than five times! Oy.

The good news is that the little girl doesn't know about the puppy so if my dog manages to eat it between now and Thursday, her heart won't be broken
    thats a horrible thing to say!!! lol. how much bigger is your dog than the puppy?
    "Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed, when the ocean met the sky. "
  8. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I know it's horrible but it's true!! LOL!! I would hate for the little girl to KNOW she was getting this puppy and have something happen to it, KWIM?

Laura (the girl's mom) is pretty easy going. She just kept our dog for a week and she has bunnies, which Lena terrorized. She said that we mustn't feel bad if Lena somehow managed to get into and harm the bunnies or if she just scared them to death and gave them little bunny heart attacks because her kids are "used to" (not quite the right term but I'm drawing a blank here!) pets dying.

Don't take that the wrong way!! LOL!! It's just that they understand things happen. I was the same way growing up. We always had cats and usually they managed to die within a year or so (hit by car, ran off into the woods, normal hazards of life) and while we loved our kitties dearly, it was just something we accepted, KWIM?

Trust me, I am doing everything I can to prevent my dog from eating or even biting Poe. If I had my sewing machine here (it's at a friend's house right now) I would have sewn a little muzzle for Lena already. It doesn't help Poe's case that she makes little kitten noises instead of dog noises; my dog is already convinced that cats are snacks just for her, even though half the cats she chases are more than twice her size. It's the nature of a dachshund really; they were bred originally to hunt rodents so they are natural born hunters.

My dog is a mini-doxie, weighs about 12 pounds but even so, she's about four times the size of Poe.

It's actually rather depressing because I've been wanting to get a second dog - a small one! - so that Lena has a friend to play with. As it is now, Lena is glued to my side all day long. She needs someone to play with really. But this little experience is unfortunately teaching us that Lena is not going to do well with another small dog and neither my DH nor I want a big dog. Lena really only gets along with big dogs; there are very few medium sized dogs that she is friendly towards.

You should have seen my DH though! His heart just melted to pieces when he scooped Poe out of the car. He had Poe sitting in her little doggie bed on the table beside his computer desk while he was playing on the computer LOL!!
  9. ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    awww your pup totally has little dog syndrome lol
    "Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed, when the ocean met the sky. "
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    Pics please!!!
    Ditto!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast