Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potty Training!

1. Senior Member

Help Potty Training!

Advertisements
    I am having so much trouble potty training my new puppy. I home all day long with her and I take her out ALL the time. She rarely goes when I take her out, but as soon as I bring her in... there she goes! I am also crate training her. She does pretty good in the crate, she has never pooped in it... just peed. Any tips for potty training would be great!
  2. I love dress whites!!
    I love dress whites!!
    You could try leaving her out a little longer. If she pees as soon as she comes in then she might not have been out long enough. Also if she's peeing in her crate it may be too big and you might need to section off part of it. I'm in the process of training two new puppies and it sucks!
  3. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    Spank her butt, put her nose in it, tell her "bad potty" in a stern voice and take her outside.

When she goes potty outside tell her "Good potty" in a happy voice. Have special treats that are JUST for going potty outside. Give it to her when she goes potty outside.

It's always worked for my dogs.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynee88 View Post
    Spank her butt, put her nose in it, tell her "bad potty" in a stern voice and take her outside.

When she goes potty outside tell her "Good potty" in a happy voice. Have special treats that are JUST for going potty outside. Give it to her when she goes potty outside.

It's always worked for my dogs.
    Thats pretty much what we did, but in addition we would take ours out every 2-3 hours & stay until they went. It may take a while, but it worked for us.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Our puppy was awful to train. We ended up having to paper train her first and then slowly get her to go outside. Not what's usually recommended, but I had to save our carpet somehow.. nothing else was working. Those spray potty training aids really helped us too.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I know it sucks but you have to take her out and wait till she pee's and then you can come back in...You may have to start walking her a little just to get her moving. My dog will not just go out and pee she has to be walked.

It's a pain I know...and make a BIG deal out of it when she goes...
  7. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Whenever she goes outside, you need to get REAL EXCITED! Like jump up and down and say "GOOD DOG!" Seriously show her how happy you are, make it so known your neighbors think you're insane. And even give her a treat when you go back inside.

If she goes in the house, bring her back to the spot, grab her head and make her look at it and say "NO!" and have a real aggressive, mean voice. Even yell! Dogs get very scared when you yell very hard.

8. Senior Member
    After she goes in the house, I heard you are supposed to take them outside to show them where they are supposed to go. If she just went, what am I supposed to do with her once I take her outside?
  9. Senior Member
    what we did was: if shes not in the crate, youre eyes need to be watching her. so if youre not playing/snuggling with her, put her in the crate.
    Start looking for her signs...sniffing,staring at you, pacing. When she goes outside--PRAISE her like there's no tomorrow! If she goes in the house, and only if you see her going, then bring her over to the spot and pop her, and take her straight outside.
  10. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Also, you literally have to take her outside 5-10 (no longer than 10) mins after she eats or drinks. Puppies have a small bladder, and they digsest real quick! If you just wait outside with her after she's done eating or drinking, she will go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast