Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i think she is going through her terrible twos!

1. He's my sunshine
    He's my sunshine

Help i think she is going through her terrible twos!

Advertisements
    i cannot get her to behave! she is contantly into things, chewing up toilet paper, messing with the rugs in the bathroom and the one in front of the door. ahhhh!!!!

what do you do to discipline your dog???
    Wifey to Carlooshoo & annary

2. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Does she have a lot of toys? Maybe she's bored??

3. Senior Member
    I yell. And I tell that "she's a bad girl for eating the couch" and I kick her butt outside.

For all of 5 mins. And then she comes in, she "says" she's sorry, and then we start it all over the next day.

But she "buries" her bones in the couch, and "digs" to get them, hence her destroying the couch.

I've quickly learned to just pick up anything I don't want her chewing on while I'm gone.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    my new puppy is doing this too.. he takes our shoes from the laundry room & drags them throughout the house & he likes to chew on the wood table & these wooden pillars we have. NOT cool. I guess we just have to try and distract him from doing that & make him play with his toys instead.. & of course give him a little spanking!
  5. He's my sunshine
    He's my sunshine
    she has....9 toys and 2 bones currently on the floor! i just dont know how many toys to get for her
    Wifey to Carlooshoo & annary

6. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    I ask her, "Molly... what did you do?" and if she knows she was bad she rolls over on her back. I take her nose to whatever it is, spank her butt, and put her in her naughty place which is the garage.
  7. Am
    You know what is awful about dog parenting?

They go through their terrible two's and their teen years (in dog years) all at once.

I feel you. Flounder shredded his crate, the carpet, and MANY toys recently.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Every time you catch her doing something bad you need one word to displine her...

Take her away from the area and give her a new toy to play with. Your dog toys should be in a box...not all over the house..BC this way you can have the element of surprise "look a new toy"...

Kong toys with Peanut butter then stick it in the freezer( or something like this) will keep her mid busy as well.

Hope this helps.

and of course more / longer walks keep her tired
  9. Am
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirll View Post
    Every time you catch her doing something bad you need one word to displine her...

Take her away from the area and give her a new toy to play with. Your dog toys should be in a box...not all over the house..BC this way you can have the element of surprise "look a new toy"...

Kong toys with Peanut butter then stick it in the freezer( or something like this) will keep her mid busy as well.

Hope this helps.

and of course more / longer walks keep her tired
    You try keeping toys in a basket with the hellion of a dog we have.

The second I put them away they're right back out.
  10. Senior Member
    My biggest tips are consistency. My dog also has a naughty place that he goes to if I catch him tearing up tissues in the bathroom trash - he does that in our master bathroom if I go take a bath in the guest bathroom and don't let him come in or move his bed right outside the door. One word is all you need to discipline - they can associate that one consistent word with you being upset with them and learn from that. Ever watch the dog whisperer? It sounded hokey to me at first but he has some GREAT tips.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast