Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: An Odd Puppy Questions

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Whatever An Odd Puppy Questions

Advertisements
    So Brigs is about 4 1/2 months now and is full blown teething. Can this cause bad breath?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug420* View Post
    So Brigs is about 4 1/2 months now and is full blown teething. Can this cause bad breath?
    Depends what he's chewing on. Dirty men's underwear?

One thing my dogs love and has kept their teeth really clean (no tartar even on the back teeth) is beef sinew. They are kind of pricey but worth every penny. My dogs liked them so much they would chew on them exclusively when they were teething and it saved me a lot of money by not having to replace ruined shoes. You have a pit, right? I have seen huge sinews that are big enough for your big baby. Also, they are safe because unlike rawhide they won't soften and get swallowed leading to an intestinal block.

The drawback? They sometimes stink to high heaven. I won't let my dogs bring them up on the furniture.

ETA: If he has constant bad breath that is not caused by something he ate you should have him checked. It can be an indicator of an infection of his gums.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    Depends what he's chewing on. Dirty men's underwear?

One thing my dogs love and has kept their teeth really clean (no tartar even on the back teeth) is beef sinew. They are kind of pricey but worth every penny. My dogs liked them so much they would chew on them exclusively when they were teething and it saved me a lot of money by not having to replace ruined shoes. You have a pit, right? I have seen huge sinews that are big enough for your big baby. Also, they are safe because unlike rawhide they won't soften and get swallowed leading to an intestinal block.

The drawback? They sometimes stink to high heaven. I won't let my dogs bring them up on the furniture.

ETA: If he has constant bad breath that is not caused by something he ate you should have him checked. It can be an indicator of an infection of his gums.
    Thank you. Its def not something that he has ate. He is an avid ice chewer He has an appointment on thursday with the vet so I will be sure to have them look. I guess it kind of smells like old blood in a way I got a good look at his gums and such today so we will see what the vet says. Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into those
  4. Senior Member
    When our pup was teething.. his breath smelled like old blood. The vet said it was fine though and that it was common during teething especially since our pup was losing and growing in teeth.