Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: german shepard owners

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

german shepard owners

Advertisements
    anyone have one (or two)? tell me allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll about them
  2. Senior Member
    My in-laws have one. She is super sweet and a total crack up. She's really smart too. They grow really fast and are SO cute.
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    One of the best dogs I have ever had was our GSD, Balera. She was extra special to us as she started out as a "puppy raiser" pup for the Guide Dogs For The Blind - we had her for a little over a year and then had to send her back to the school. As luck would have it, she was unsuitable as a guide dog (she was too distractable - cats, kids, cars, sprinkers, birds, leaves, ANYTHING, lol) so we were able to adopt her permanently.
    As with any breed, there are health issues to be concerned about so finding a good breeder is a must if you want to go that route.
    They are EXTREMELY intelligent - which can be as much of a liability as it can be a benefit. Overall, they are very loyal, protective of their family, and make great pets.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah they have the normal big dog breed issues in addition to the bad breeding aspect. dh wants to go through a breeder but i'm not sure. this is one dog we've ALWAYS agreed on.
  5. Seen Your Member...haha
    Seen Your Member...haha
    Aww. I want one so badly!

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost
  6. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ME ME ME! I just got her though so I don't know how much help I will be, but the breeder I got her from bombarded me with info!!! What do you need to know?

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    carlshoo actually if you can sort of keep a running "tab" on the things that happen such as potty training, socialization, etc. we do have dd and they are supposed to be GREAT with kids.
  8. ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    My dad and stepmom had one. He was the sweetest old guy, he died when he was 20 YEARS OLD!! he was abused by his first owners and my stepmom spent every afternoon with him at the pound until he got used to her. by the time they got married and stuff he was perfect with a 7 yr old me. loved my Rocky
    "Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed, when the ocean met the sky. "
  9. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    What my breeder told me:

They are very protective dogs. Male GSD (German Shepherd dogs) are more protective of their territory while Female GSD are more protective of their families.

While they are young, they shouldn't be doing a lot of walking up stairs or jumping off couches because GSD have very sensitive hip and shoulder bones. They are even recommended to take a supplement for their bones when they are puppies.

They learn QUICKLY!!! We have had Meesha for 2 weeks now, and I have already taught her to sit, give paw, come here, stay, and lay down. She's a sneaky one too. She is even house broken ALREADY.

That's all I can think of right now...

10. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    carlshoo actually if you can sort of keep a running "tab" on the things that happen such as potty training, socialization, etc. we do have dd and they are supposed to be GREAT with kids.
    I will definitely do that for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast