Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: pets

1. looking for my mr. right
    looking for my mr. right
    Blog Entries

pets

Advertisements
    DB is being based in germany at ramstein afb and i cant go with him until maybe next may when we'll be getting married... but are they allowed to have pets like a dog or anything while theyre not in say off base housing
    I have the best wifeys-USNavywifey21;xocassandralee;D_USMC
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleD View Post
    DB is being based over seas ( i dno if its not okay for me to say where) anyways i cant go with him until maybe next may when we'll be getting married... but are they allowed to have pets like a dog or anything while theyre not in say off base housing
    It's okay to say where. Individual transfer information isn't really OPSEC, but unit movement and deployment is.

Anyhow- the ability to have a pet will depend on where he's going to be stationed, and on whether he's going to be allowed to live off-post. Also, you may or may not be able to move there to be with him if you're not married to him.

There are a LOT of variables.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    It's okay to say where. Individual transfer information isn't really OPSEC, but unit movement and deployment is.

Anyhow- the ability to have a pet will depend on where he's going to be stationed, and on whether he's going to be allowed to live off-post. Also, you may or may not be able to move there to be with him if you're not married to him.

There are a LOT of variables.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Eelo said it all. It is just like living in the states at most places. You just need to worry more about quarantine and stuff like that.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    As above, it really depends. More specifics could helps us help you figure it out, but my gut instinct tells me no, he's probably not allowed. PM me if you don't want to publish specifics on the main board.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  6. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    If he is in single soldiers quarters or barracks or anything like that, they usually are not allowed.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.