Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registering my pet on post.

1. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥

Registering my pet on post.

Advertisements
    I was told I have 2 weeks to register my puppy at the on post vet clinic once we get her. If any of you know about this, can you tell me what kind of paper work this is and what I need with me while filling it out? Do they actually need to see her too or can I just go in myself to register her?

2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    I was told I have 2 weeks to register my puppy at the on post vet clinic once we get her. If any of you know about this, can you tell me what kind of paper work this is and what I need with me while filling it out? Do they actually need to see her too or can I just go in myself to register her?
    I didn't even know this until very recently. We got here last May and they didn't go into the vet until September for their annual shots. I just had to fill out a paper with their info and give them their old vet records. We live off base though, I don't know if you have to register the animals somewhere else if you're in base housing. But it's not a lot of paperwork. I would just call and ask if you have to also bring the dog in.
  3. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    yeaaa we have to do this with our cats. I have their last vet record and rabies tags to bring in
  4. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    We recently just got our puppy. She doesn't have any old vet records, or any records for that matter Thanks for the info though girls.

5. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    I think since you just got her you may just have to take her into the vet to get her checked out and then do it that way if you live on post otherwise if she's current with shots and such and you have record of that just give em that I'm totally clueless with stuff like this and I always make DH call the housing people I hope you get all done easily
  6. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingMyAirman22 View Post
    I think since you just got her you may just have to take her into the vet to get her checked out and then do it that way if you live on post otherwise if she's current with shots and such and you have record of that just give em that I'm totally clueless with stuff like this and I always make DH call the housing people I hope you get all done easily
    Thank you. I just thought it was some rule on post about registering your pet within 2 weeks when you get them. The thing is, we don't have our car yet (it's still getting shipped here, should be here in 2 weeks) and it's cold outside so I don't want to make her walk all the way to the vet when she is a puppy and it's cold. She could tire easily. So by the time we get our car, we would have her for 3 weeks and I just didn't want to get in trouble not registering her within the 2 weeks.

7. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    ohh yea I definitely get that..I wouldnt wanna do it either!
    and I'm not sure about any rule..because I never thought to see if there was one. I know they told us when we got our house on base before I moved all my stuff here to register them..but we've been bad and still havent gotten around to it (of course it'd be easier if our kitchen didnt want to breakdown all at once ) but we havent had any issues yet and the cats have been here for like a month I'd just take her in whenever you're able to no reason to have to make her walk in the cold or you for that matter!
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Unless where you live is different than the past 2 bases we've lived in housing, you have to register the dog with the housing office within 2 weeks, not the base vet. Not all bases even have vets.You also have to provide them with proof that they've had their rabies shot once they are old enough for it. I've never heard of having to register with the base vet... I suppose I may just have never heard of it and some places have that rule lol.

Posted via Mobile Device
  9. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    Unless where you live is different than the past 2 bases we've lived in housing, you have to register the dog with the housing office within 2 weeks, not the base vet. Not all bases even have vets.You also have to provide them with proof that they've had their rabies shot once they are old enough for it. I've never heard of having to register with the base vet... I suppose I may just have never heard of it and some places have that rule lol.

Posted via Mobile Device
    You could be right, I have been trying to call the vet on post but they NEVER pick up! I always get their machine telling me their hours and that they're busy . I guess my next best option is to ask someone on post with a dog

Thanks for the input.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Here they need records and to see the pet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast