Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: nonstop noise

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Sad nonstop noise

Advertisements
    I just need advice from cat owners. Sushi, my dear bf's housemate's cat, has been meowing non-stop. She has food in her bowl, and water too. I thought she might be lonely/feeling sick, so I went out to pet her. She shuns me every single time. She used to be friendlier, and now she just avoids me. At first it was cute, she sounds adorable when she is meowing. Then I was worried because she didn't stop and kept going. Now I am just frustrated. The owner lives upstairs and is asleep. So usually dear bf and I are awakened at 5am-ish with her meowing when she comes up from the basement. Occasionally sushi runs upstairs to try to wake her owner up, but that never happens. Is there something I can do? Anyone has any idea what's wrong?
    "You think you know what you're looking for, till what you're looking for finds you."
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Is Sushi fixed?
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I believe so. If she is not, I'm able to fix her myself... just kidding. She is getting on my nerves.
    "You think you know what you're looking for, till what you're looking for finds you."
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    well the first thing I would do is speak to the owner. He may be meowing because he is suffering or there is something wrong. I mean cats meow obviously but for it to be like a non stop think is generally a signal of something not being right. And if he is usually friendly and now is not its even more of a red flag.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    It sounds like she is in heat to me. My uncle's cat used to do that all the time.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug420* View Post
    well the first thing I would do is speak to the owner. He may be meowing because he is suffering or there is something wrong. I mean cats meow obviously but for it to be like a non stop think is generally a signal of something not being right. And if he is usually friendly and now is not its even more of a red flag.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    she finally stopped meowing. owner is still asleep, she was out late partying last night. I think opening the fridge door does the trick... hmmm... everytime I open the fridge door, she stops meowing and stares intensely at me.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug420* View Post
    Agree. My initial reaction was that she may be in pain
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belovedreamery View Post
    she finally stopped meowing. owner is still asleep, she was out late partying last night. I think opening the fridge door does the trick... hmmm... everytime I open the fridge door, she stops meowing and stares intensely at me.
    I would guess that it is past kitty's breakfast time and she doesn't appreciate that her owner feels the need to sleep off last night's partying rather than feeding her. Poor baby is just hungry.