Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My puppy keeps crying =(

1. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥

My puppy keeps crying =(

Advertisements
    I know it's totally normal; we just got her yesterday. But I just feel so bad because she cried all of yesterday and all night. The only time she doesn't cry is if we play with her or if she's sleeping.

This isn't my first puppy, but this is the first puppy we got straight from her mama. She must miss her mama and sisters so much, and I just feel bad that I took her from them . She just needs to get used to us.

I just had to let that out.

2. The Future "Pothead"
    The Future "Pothead"
    Blog Entries
    awww, pups!

Just give her lots of cuddles! Poor thing...

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I always feel guilty when I get a new animal baby too . It's just the way it is, I guess. I never tried it, but I hear a ticking clock next to where she sleeps helps. I always just sleep with them (just a dog, not my new hamsters, lol), especially when I first bring them home, but then, I sleep really light when I do that so I don't roll over on them, so you would have to adjust to how your body works, if you sleep light, or if you don't. You take a chance on her peeing on the bed, but I always do lots of laundry anyway (clean freak). And hold her, as much as she wants, and as much as you can. People will tell you it spoils them, but I never had that problem, and I never believe that. And if you have a rocking chair, that also helps. Rock her to sleep sometimes.
  4. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by livetosurf View Post
    I always feel guilty when I get a new animal baby too . It's just the way it is, I guess. I never tried it, but I hear a ticking clock next to where she sleeps helps. I always just sleep with them (just a dog, not my new hamsters, lol), especially when I first bring them home, but then, I sleep really light when I do that so I don't roll over on them, so you would have to adjust to how your body works, if you sleep light, or if you don't. You take a chance on her peeing on the bed, but I always do lots of laundry anyway (clean freak). And hold her, as much as she wants, and as much as you can. People will tell you it spoils them, but I never had that problem, and I never believe that. And if you have a rocking chair, that also helps. Rock her to sleep sometimes.
    Yeah last night DH and I let her sleep in our bed. Once we put her in her crate, she went HYSTERICAL! We have neighbors and I know they could hear her when she cries. So I really had no choice. I don't know what to do about the crying at night because she eventually needs to learn how to sleep in her crate. I got no sleep last night so we can't do this nightly.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MySailorsKat0402 View Post
    awww, pups!

Just give her lots of cuddles! Poor thing...

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Na, she'll settle down eventually, especially if you keep up with the affection. Just think of it like having a human baby, because they pretty much go through the same stages. And TOTAL kudos to your hubby for letting you sleep with her. How cool is that?

7. Mrs.Fanntastic
    Mrs.Fanntastic
    Awww bless her heart pups are so sweet and sad! Hope she relates to you all soon!
    ~MommaJ~