Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cat help... please ((update!))

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help cat help... please ((update!))

Advertisements
    a lot of times my cat breaths kinda heavy (i can hear her) its no like really loud but ive never really heard it with any other cat. also if i press on her back she acts like it hurts and sometimes when you pick her up shes does the same

i dont know if its her being bitchy or if it does hurt her. can i just take her to the vet for a "check up" ?

has any one expierenced this?

(she is 3 1/2 years old)
    Last edited by settles; 01-26-2009 at 06:16 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    She might have something caught in her throat and/or something to do with her lungs.

Definitely take her in for a check up. I had to do that for one of my 'tats when she decided that puking up blood at 3am was a good idea.

3. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I don't know but if your worried I say take her in just incase and tell them what's going on.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey&Kyle View Post
    She might have something caught in her throat and/or something to do with her lungs.

Definitely take her in for a check up. I had to do that for one of my 'tats when she decided that puking up blood at 3am was a good idea.

shes been doing it for a while... so i dont think anything is caught in her throat, but i love my kitty so i better take her in....
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by settles View Post
    shes been doing it for a while... so i dont think anything is caught in her throat, but i love my kitty so i better take her in....

Better to be safe than sorry.

If cats get injured, like get into a fight or something, they heal from the outside in, so the outside heals FIRST and all the puss or whatever has no way to get out, so sometimes it will go into their lungs. I had a cat that this happened to, and by the time I caught it she had so much fluid in her lungs that she couldn't get any oxygen to her brain. She was walking around like she was drunk and I had to put her to sleep. So, I'd get her checked out just in case. I hope shes OK.
  6. Senior Member
    It's not necessarily a bad thing to take her in... I'm sure she's fine.

When the white 'tat was puking blood... come to find out, it was because the acid from her belly made her throat raw... hence the blood. She turned out just fine... just had to change her food.

I'm sure everything is okay with your furbaby.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    Better to be safe than sorry.

If cats get injured, like get into a fight or something, they heal from the outside in, so the outside heals FIRST and all the puss or whatever has no way to get out, so sometimes it will go into their lungs. I had a cat that this happened to, and by the time I caught it she had so much fluid in her lungs that she couldn't get any oxygen to her brain. She was walking around like she was drunk and I had to put her to sleep. So, I'd get her checked out just in case. I hope shes OK.
    awww thats so sad!
    shes never been outside so i dont know what would have caused it...
    the only thing i can think of is, i had her fixed two years ago... mb they messed something up???
  8. Banned
    Banned
    awww thats so sad!
    shes never been outside so i dont know what would have caused it...
    the only thing i can think of is, i had her fixed two years ago... mb they messed something up???

It might not be that.... but you just never know! Its so hard with animals cause they often won't show signs of being in pain or anything so you have to figure it out yourself. I'd just check it so you don't have to worry.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    It might not be that.... but you just never know! Its so hard with animals cause they often won't show signs of being in pain or anything so you have to figure it out yourself. I'd just check it so you don't have to worry.
    there is a vet right down the road! im going to call them tomorrow!

thanks.
  10. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    It could be asthma, a heart condition causing her to not be able to breathe easily sometimes because of fluid build-up in her lungs, it could be a low-grade respiratory infection that has never quite gone away and flares up sometimes. Please take your kitty in to get checked!!
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast