Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cat grooming?

1. ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive

cat grooming?

Advertisements
    as my little sasha is passing her 6 month bday, im realizing that her hair is getting LONG! im fearing it will be too unmanageable for her as an adult especially in the summertime. do groomers to cat clipping? i would want to avoid shaving her all together, but will do whats necessary for her health. her long hair is so luxurious, but i dont want her getting too hot or matted. this is my first cat on my own, so im not sure what to do.

any advice? TIA!
    "Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed, when the ocean met the sky. "
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have heard of people grooming cats. I think that its a little harder to find, but it can be done. But you might want to ask your vet, I know I used a special brush daily to help keep the matting down and to help with shedding. Hope this helps!
  3. ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    yeah the brush is a good idea, i might take pix later when i have new camera batteries. shes lying here next to me on her back and i was running my fingers thru her tummy fuzz and its so thick!! its been like 80 degrees the past couple days and ive needed to refill her water bowl 3 times today. im afraid shes too hot. poor baby!
    "Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed, when the ocean met the sky. "
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Poor thing!! yeah, your best bet is to consult your vet before you do too much, he should be able to help you fill in all the gaps!
    I'd love to see pics of her relaxin!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Cats actually are able to cool themselves because of their fur. If you shave it off, your kitty is going to be hotter and miserable. Don't shave her!!!
  6. ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    Cats actually are able to cool themselves because of their fur. If you shave it off, your kitty is going to be hotter and miserable. Don't shave her!!!
    oooh thanks. im just now thinking of this with the warm weather coming up. i wanna avoid shaving, but would clipping be bad? any advice on what to do instead to help her?
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Cats will shed and be able to cool themselves naturally... just brush her often, make sure theres a place where she can hang out and sleep during the day and its out of the sun, and always make sure she has plenty of water to drink and she should be fine.
  8. ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    Cats will shed and be able to cool themselves naturally... just brush her often, make sure theres a place where she can hang out and sleep during the day and its out of the sun, and always make sure she has plenty of water to drink and she should be fine.
    that sounds pretty easy and inexpensive! lol. can i just say after tonight i am in awe and love with you?
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spcdeansgirl View Post
    that sounds pretty easy and inexpensive! lol. can i just say after tonight i am in awe and love with you?

Aw, just cause I know a little about cats?
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Jennypage saves the day!!!

You rock!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast