Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pit Bull Owners- Toy Help!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Pit Bull Owners- Toy Help!

Advertisements
    Oh my gosh.... Asia is a CHEWER. Holycrap....

We've had her since yesterday morning (when her foster "dad" dropped her off)....

And she's obliterated almost every toy we've given her.

She LOVES anything that squeaks.... but unfortunately everything that squeaks is usually full of cotton stuffing. So she shreds it. We bought her a heavy nylon toy with a squeaker in it... and she OBLITERATED it in 2 minutes!!!!

Is there ANYTHING other than those heavy rubber kong toys, or rope toys that will withstand a pitbull??

We even got her one of those pressure-compacted chewy bones.... and she's already chewed one of the ends off.

Thank God she only chews on toys and not our furniture or shoes
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

durable ropes are our dogs fave sweety
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Not a PB owner, but i've had a chewer, and i will say the one thing that we could keep and was durable enough was a Kong.

4. Senior Member
    Well for some reason both my pits hate those kong. I have this teething thing with two little ropes on the end of that, and then I also get those medium size tires with little ropes for them to swing around.
    All I can say is that they can chew for days!!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I just tossed a frisbee I bought her (a cheapie .99 cent one from Petsmart)

And she brought it back to me with two holes punched in it from her teeth. She wasn't even chewing it, or trying to play rough. She's just that strong.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I don't have one but growing up we had a dane that chewed like that!! All I can say is make sure you have plenty of toys all the time! When she runs out of toys your shoes are next
  7. Senior Member
    I worked a a vet clinic and here is my advice. Your going to need to teach your dog "leave it" ASAP or your going to have problems with destroyed furniture.
    Exercise your dog often because pitbulls are high energy and inquisitive dogs. Boredom = damage.
    I would stay away from cloth type toys in the begining until you become more familiar with your new dog. Stuffed toys can easily become your socks.
    Ask your vet for recommendations on a good chew toy since these products can help with your dogs teeth too. Good Luck and PM me anytime.
  8. Counting down the days...
    Counting down the days...
    I have a pit-mix and he has proven that every "indestructible" toy has false advertising. The only thing he has not ruined is the large Kong. Ropes, bones, anything and everything gets torn apart, no matter how durable it is supposed to be. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! lol
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    guess I'll be making weekly toy runs to Petsmart

I'm SO thankful that she knows not to chew on furniture, or stuff. She's excellent about only messing with her toys. Somehow, she knows whats hers, and what is off-limits. I've only had to tell her once to stay off of our big leather chair (not the ugly couches I posted photos of earlier).

She's extremely well-mannered.... her previous owners must've been awesome, because they definitely worked with her a TON.
  10. Senior Member
    I have yet to find anything that is indestructible not only for our pitbull but for our 4# chug as well. My advice is to just hit up the 97 cent dog toy bin at walmart and stock up
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast