Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pit Bull Owners- Toy Help!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Yeah I make weekly trips to pet-smart and make sure they have plenty to chew on.. and even then sometimes I come home to things chewed up
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Are you kennel/crate training H?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Are you kennel/crate training H?
    She came pre-trained she's two.

We let her roam around the house when we're home.... and while we're away, she has a HUGE (HUUUUUUGE) kennel outside with her very own lawn to poop on.... full of toys and even a doggie hammock

She's pretty spoiled
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Okay, I had both a pit bull and a pit bull/lab mix that were both CRAZY chewers - the pit bull/lab mix also like to "destuff" and "desqueak" all of his toys as well. Thankfully I have managed to find a couple of things that last a little longer than most.

They LOVE rawhide bones. I started getting those giant ones from PetsMart that look like dinosaur leg bones. They are HUGE an cost about $10-11 a pop - but they last a couple of weeks at least.

Also, when it comes to squeaky toys...I have actually found that the smallest ones work best. There are some that are about medium sized and come in a giraffe, elephant, hippo (and maybe one other animal). I don't know what it is about these toys but I think they may be JUST small enough that they can't really get at them enough to destroy them and pull all the stuffing out.

Hope this helps - good luck!!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by FratchTX View Post
    Okay, I had both a pit bull and a pit bull/lab mix that were both CRAZY chewers - the pit bull/lab mix also like to "destuff" and "desqueak" all of his toys as well. Thankfully I have managed to find a couple of things that last a little longer than most.

They LOVE rawhide bones. I started getting those giant ones from PetsMart that look like dinosaur leg bones. They are HUGE an cost about $10-11 a pop - but they last a couple of weeks at least.

Also, when it comes to squeaky toys...I have actually found that the smallest ones work best. There are some that are about medium sized and come in a giraffe, elephant, hippo (and maybe one other animal). I don't know what it is about these toys but I think they may be JUST small enough that they can't really get at them enough to destroy them and pull all the stuffing out.

Hope this helps - good luck!!
    We'll have to try that..... thanks!!!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have APBT's but not big chewers. My male, however, loves tug toys and fetch toys but is scared of the smell of rubber. What works for us is Fire hose dog toys. Just really tough toys made out of fire hoses. So it's really tough.

http://www.amazon.com/Squeak-Fetch-D.../dp/B000G8IK7Q

There is a link.

Also, petsmart had tough "tiger tested' toys. They are soft on the outside but tough and not very flexible. My dog has a lobster that he loves.

http://vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?cPath=27

They have a lot of different tough, soft, dog toys!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    I have APBT's but not big chewers. My male, however, loves tug toys and fetch toys but is scared of the smell of rubber. What works for us is Fire hose dog toys. Just really tough toys made out of fire hoses. So it's really tough.

http://www.amazon.com/Squeak-Fetch-D.../dp/B000G8IK7Q

There is a link.

Also, petsmart had tough "tiger tested' toys. They are soft on the outside but tough and not very flexible. My dog has a lobster that he loves.

http://vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?cPath=27

They have a lot of different tough, soft, dog toys!
    Awesome.... thank you!!!!!
  8. I prayed, & God gave me my soldier in green. I thank Thee!
    I prayed, & God gave me my soldier in green. I thank Thee!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    Oh my gosh.... Asia is a CHEWER. Holycrap....

We've had her since yesterday morning (when her foster "dad" dropped her off)....

And she's obliterated almost every toy we've given her.

She LOVES anything that squeaks.... but unfortunately everything that squeaks is usually full of cotton stuffing. So she shreds it. We bought her a heavy nylon toy with a squeaker in it... and she OBLITERATED it in 2 minutes!!!!

Is there ANYTHING other than those heavy rubber kong toys, or rope toys that will withstand a pitbull??

We even got her one of those pressure-compacted chewy bones.... and she's already chewed one of the ends off.

Thank God she only chews on toys and not our furniture or shoes

I feel your pain!! I'm in the same boat with my malinios!!! I was told about the kong toys and about firehose material toys...totally going to try those!!

Good luck! If you find something that works...totally tell me please!! And I'll happily share with you!
  9. Senior Member
    The only thing mine can't destroy.. is his Kong. Everything else.. regardless of how "indestructible" the toy is.. Wrong wrong, terribly wrong.

It sucks because he loves the squeaky toys.

10. Regular Member
    Fort Richardson Alaska/OC cali 4 now while he's deployed
    Blog Entries
    get a rubber kong! they are awesome for pits, keeps em busy.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast