Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excitement peeing

1. Banned
    Banned

Bang Head Excitement peeing

Advertisements
    My dogs are all house broke. Neither of my male dogs do this... I'm at a loss as to what to do for the female.

Anytime she gets excited she squats and pees as she wags her tail and is happy. It doesn't matter if she has just been outside and peed. It doesn't matter if she has spent the afternoon in the outdoor kennels. If she is excited (or in trouble) she pees across the floor.

All 3 of my dogs are different breeds, I've had other female dogs before, but never had this particular issue.

Help? Suggestions?
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

How old is she? How long have you had her? How long has she been doing it for?
  3. Living well is the best revenge <3
    Living well is the best revenge <3
    i have a little yorkie who does this. whenever she gets really excited she will pee. i dont know what to do about it either.
    So happy to be back on Msos!!
  4. Senior Member
    one of my males and my female does this all the time. We just laugh and clean it up. They can't help it.
  5. Waiting, waiting, waiting.....
    Waiting, waiting, waiting.....
    I have a female cocker-spaniel. She did that for the first few years of her life. No advice, just sympathy!
  6. I prayed, & God gave me my soldier in green. I thank Thee!
    I prayed, & God gave me my soldier in green. I thank Thee!
    Blog Entries
    This was addressed on the "It's me or the dog" show. Victoria forced the dog into a sit postion. With but firmly on the floor and then instantly outside. She had the person ring the bell over and over and each time she'd press the but firmly against the floor to stop the peeing and then outside. It didn't break them in like a minute, she said it was a constant ongoing every day training. She came back and rang the bell and the dog didn't pee at all.

So, presistance pays off.

I make my dog sit on the farthest wall from the door and he has to wait till the person is in the house and then allowed to siff them. Perhaps some variation of this could help you guys. Making them wait, sitting till giving a command that allows them to have their introduction as long as they are calm and non-excited. My son and I ring the bell as practise for him.

Good luck sweety!!
  7. Senior Member
    They also say that when you come home or someone else visit you to just completely ignore the dog for a time and go on with other things. Not until the dog has calmed down, will you go over just like you have been home all day. Some people keep dogbones stuffed with peanutbutter and kibbles in the freezer and when they come home they take one and give to the dog immediately so it will focus on that.
  8. Senior Member
    My male dog did that forever... we just laughed and wiped it up. My female didnt do it until recently. Its just a little bit , so I dont worry about it to much.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    How old is she? How long have you had her? How long has she been doing it for?
    She is 9 mo old, Ive had her since she was 4 mo old and she has ALWAYS done this, from day one, it just seems like she does it more now
  10. Senior Member
    Our puppy used to do that. She was around 8 months when she finally just quit doing it. She still pees if she thinks shes in trouble but only when John is the one scolding her.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast