Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitbull help

1. Senior Member

Pitbull help

Advertisements
    Last edited by familyof4; 01-06-2010 at 01:10 AM.
  2. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Is she spayed?
    ...Done....
  3. Senior Member
    no I know shame on me.. I really want to get her spayed but that's another story
  4. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Well sometimes after they get spayed they calm down a bit, she may be getting ready to go into heat. Hense, the breaking of your fence and really liking the boys

If she is destroying stuff when you are gone is it when she has been home for a while alone? or just short bursts?
    ...Done....
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

what about crating her when you aren't home?
  6. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Bout to say, I would talk to your local vet before you lose hope- sometimes they also have good ideas.
    ...Done....
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabethb883 View Post
    Well sometimes after they get spayed they calm down a bit, she may be getting ready to go into heat. Hense, the breaking of your fence and really liking the boys

If she is destroying stuff when you are gone is it when she has been home for a while alone? or just short bursts?
    It depends sometimes we could be gone 30 minutes, and she still does it.
    Well the heat thing...she wont go into heat till April, also we have a boy dog already(hes neutered) but she wanted to go on the walk but I cant take them at the same time
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    what about crating her when you aren't home?
    Yeah, that's what I need.
  9. Senior Member
    I had a boy half pit half german shepard and he was so sweet and well trained and he just snapped .. he turned into the biggest ass and got very unpredictable. I couldn't even keep him on a leash anymore b/c he'd pull backwards against you, choking himself, until it would break or come off his head. It was like he felt no pain. Gosh, I remember when he was 10.5 months old he was already 78 lbs and pure muscle. I eventually had to get rid of him b/c I was the main one taking care of him and I couldn't physically handle him. I definitely got very scared of him after I saw him lunge at my sisters face one day. But most of the time he was sweet .. and he just changed.

So, I have no suggestions .. but I hope you figure things out for her. They can be a very stubborn breed.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LinPaige24 View Post
    I had a boy half pit half german shepard and he was so sweet and well trained and he just snapped .. he turned into the biggest ass and got very unpredictable. I couldn't even keep him on a leash anymore b/c he'd pull backwards against you, choking himself, until it would break or come off his head. It was like he felt no pain. Gosh, I remember when he was 10.5 months old he was already 78 lbs and pure muscle. I eventually had to get rid of him b/c I was the main one taking care of him and I couldn't physically handle him. I definitely got very scared of him after I saw him lunge at my sisters face one day. But most of the time he was sweet .. and he just changed.

So, I have no suggestions .. but I hope you figure things out for her. They can be a very stubborn breed.
    Well that is kind-of nice to know. There was a pit bull post the other day about the owner being the one to make the dog mean or nice etc, and I swear that I have been the best dog owner that I can be, and everyone always says how much I spoil them and take such great care of them. She isnt that big. She is about 68lbs, pure muscle.
    Do you have a pic of him??? I have the same kind too
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast