Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Know Anything About Bischon Frise's?

1. Senior Member

Help Anybody Know Anything About Bischon Frise's?

Advertisements
    My family and I are looking for another dog after our GSD passed. We are wanting another GSD and perhaps a poodle... but while looking, we came across a 7 year old Bischon who needs to be re-homed due to the owners inability to care for it.

My family is leaning towards taking it in, even though the breed is not quite the type and the dog is not the age we were looking at.

I have done some research on my own that says they are prone to nervous behavior, yappy, and hard to housetrain (which in my mind generally is an overall measure of trainability/intelligence) and high energy.

I have also read that they are smart, and very loving, with loads of personality. I know it's going to depend on the dog iself... but does anyone have any personal experience, or first hand knowledge of them?

My aunt is thinking about it the most because it "looks like a poodle" and... I keep having the thought "looks like one, but isn't"
  2. Senior Member
    My mother has one and it's a spoiled little bitch. But she was pretty easy to train, she crate trained, Bella is very smart and super cute. But she is high maintenance with regards to grooming etc. But at 7 it may be predispositions to bad behavior so I would watch out before adopting it.
  3. Senior Member
    My mom has a dog that's have bischon, half poodle. She barks a lot, is hyper, but incredibly cute. Definitely a dog that needs to be groomed a lot. She has SOO much personality. I love that dog to death.
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

My little dog is half Bichon and hald Havanese. She hardly ever barks, she's EXTREMELY smart and she wasn't too bad to housebreak. She took longer to housebreak than any of the larger dogs I've had.. BUT that's how it is with any small breed. She loves everyone and is the most loving dog ever. She is very much a little lap dog. You need to be prepared to brush it daily id not at LEAST every couple of days and have the whole coat cut every couple of months.
  5. The Future "Pothead"
    The Future "Pothead"
    Blog Entries
    Bitchin Frizzies!

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

umm...they are white and have severe tear stains. Definitely need to be groomed. That is all I really know.
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    umm...they are white and have severe tear stains. Definitely need to be groomed. That is all I really know.
    They don't have tear staining if it's cleaned regularly and they are on good food
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    They don't have tear staining if it's cleaned regularly and they are on good food
    Sorry! Sorry! Told ya I didn't know much! Just see them when they come in to be groomed by my mom, and my gosh, some of them it looks horrid!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    There is also a great product called Angel Eyes as well that keeps them from staining.
  10. Living well is the best revenge <3
    Living well is the best revenge <3
    i used to have one! he got hit by a car i loved him,he was really good and pretty easy to train but he was sooo bad about running away if he wasnt on a leash!
    So happy to be back on Msos!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast