Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dog is going backwards housebreaking wise...

1. Banned
    Banned

My dog is going backwards housebreaking wise...

Advertisements
    I don't know what else I can really do...we take her out every 2 hours while we are home but she still will randomly just pee places. I'm worried because when we move she is going to be peeing on carpet and that will be an even bigger pain.
  2. Proud Marine Wifey
    Proud Marine Wifey
    How old is your dog & how long has it been going on? If she's older it could be incontinence. There are other medical problems that could cause this at any age, or is it possible she's upset/mad about something? Has there been another animal in the house before her that may have peed in the spots where she's peeing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    Why the hell are tehre Christmas presents in the oven?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Could be a UTI. incontinence... she could be mad or scared or nervous...

more than likely, if she was trained and now isn't following her training, she isn't peeing for no reason... there is a reason.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    every 2 hours is not enough. We took our puppy out every 30 minutes and he was house broken in a week. Also stress can through a dogs "ways" off and like Bryanna said maybe a UTI is present. Also when growing dogs drink more and more and this can cause frequent urination like that.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesAggieWife View Post
    How old is your dog & how long has it been going on? If she's older it could be incontinence. There are other medical problems that could cause this at any age, or is it possible she's upset/mad about something? Has there been another animal in the house before her that may have peed in the spots where she's peeing?
    She is a puppy. I guess I should have specified that. She is 17 weeks. The first week we had her she had a few accidents. Next week next to none. Now about 5 weeks later it is like every time we turn around she has peed as I was putting on my shoes to take her out.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
    Could be a UTI. incontinence... she could be mad or scared or nervous...

more than likely, if she was trained and now isn't following her training, she isn't peeing for no reason... there is a reason.
    She seemed to be trained maybe she wasn't fully who knows.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug420* View Post
    every 2 hours is not enough. We took our puppy out every 30 minutes and he was house broken in a week. Also stress can through a dogs "ways" off and like Bryanna said maybe a UTI is present. Also when growing dogs drink more and more and this can cause frequent urination like that.
    How often to you take it out now?
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

sometimes dogs just regress when there is stress around them, or just to test limits, Increase the amount you take her out to about every half hour and give her a command. I used "Go out, go potty" in the same type of voice. That way, she will connect that to going to the bathroom and until you say that and let her out, she will know she cannot go to the bathroom.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberly View Post
    How often to you take it out now?
    Now he lets us know when he needs to go by going to the door. And it varies in time. If he is very active and playing he will drink more and need to go more. If he is sleeping at night he will go all night with out going. He is 14 weeks give or take. Also I was going to add... are you using something like pet miracle or vinegar or baking soda to get the smell out. A lot of times puppies just want to pee on their own marks just because.
  10. Senior Member
    You need to take her to the vet to rule out any medical reason. Then you may have to go out every hour and not just take her out but run her around so if she feels the need to pee again she can fully empty her bladder. Is she alone for a good portion af the day? She could be holding way to long and now has an infection.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast