Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: buddy's update

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

buddy's update

Advertisements
    kennel rest

6 weeks of kennel rest again. my poor little guy. doc said it's back problems. and that with back problems, they can often go away on their own. the only thing about buddy is he is showing absolutely no pain whatsoever. so he said it's probably something with a disc and it's in an early stage. so kennel rest is the best thing for him now. he said it's possible, but highly unlikely he'll need surgery or be paralyzed. but it's the wait and see game. gonna see how he does in a few weeks and go from there.

also, instead of stupid steps which buddy won't use to go down off furniture, we're going to get a couple big puffy pillows for him to jump on from the furniture to cushion his jump. doc said he does it with his dog.

so that's his update. let's hope for a speedy recovery.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Yay for Buddy - I mean, I am sorry that he is hurting and has to be on kennel rest, but am so relieved to read that this is the prognosis vs. the way your previous posts were going
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Hav'n View Post
    Yay for Buddy - I mean, I am sorry that he is hurting and has to be on kennel rest, but am so relieved to read that this is the prognosis vs. the way your previous posts were going
    well he just looks so awful. like, it looks like a neurological thing. infact, if things don't go better, we might need to go see a neurologist. i'm not sure how on board dh is with that though. we haven't yet determined a limit of expense for him (i know, it sounds so awful to say and i would spend anything, but i just don't know)

i'm hoping for the best. over the summer when he was on kennel rest, he did fantastic. after 5-6 weeks he was his normal self. well, after like 2 weeks he was fine but i stuck through the required amount of time. he's a tough little guy. i'm hoping something like this doesn't bring him down since the doc said things should be ok for the most part and that his own dog has back issues and it's 15 years old.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  4. Senior Member
    I will keep Buddy in my thoughts
    My mom had a yorkie with similar back problems, and it ended up being a neurological problem