Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: EEEWWWW!!!

1. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D

Puke EEEWWWW!!!

Advertisements
    Our cat POOPED in DD's BED!

I couldn't blame him or get mad at him though. When we moved here to FL, he stopped using his litter box and would just go outside. He'd meow at the door when he wanted out, so we got rid of his litter box. Because it was cold last night, he spent all night inside. He asked to go out the back door this morning, but I was getting ready to go out to meet up with some people for an early lunch. I figured I'd just let him out the front door when we left for lunch.

Well, I completely forgot about him, and he wasn't waiting at that door when I left (he goes in and out of the back door, so it would have been weird for him to wait at the front door anyway). I didn't see him anywhere to remind me to let him out (I think he was sleeping under the couch-his favorite place).

When I got home, the smell of cat poo almost knocked me out. I looked all over the house and couldn't find it anywhere. The smell was strongest in DD's room, but I couldn't find poo on the floor anywhere in there. So I followed the smell and found it in her bed on her blankets. We didn't make her bed this morning, so her covers were all messed up and then he moved the blankets some to half cover his poo which is why I didn't see it in the first place. Usually if he has to go really bad like that (VERY RARE), he'll go in the bathroom on the floor rugs, near where his litter box used to be. But the door was closed today (I close it at night so DD doesn't fall in the toilet and drown while we're sleeping and I hadn't opened it today-she just went in my bathroom).

DD was so upset. When she first saw it, she looked like she was about to start bawling. She had this sad/mad face and kept saying, "Kitty pooped in my bed! Please clean it up!"
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Poor kitty - it probably killed him to do that. I am so glad that you are being such an understanding kitty-mommy vs. posting a big rant about it. to you, kitty and DD.
  3. Senior Member
    Aw, that made my heart sad.

I'm glad everything was taken care of though.
  4. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    Poor kitty - it probably killed him to do that. I am so glad that you are being such an understanding kitty-mommy vs. posting a big rant about it. to you, kitty and DD.
    I'm sure it did. He's REALLY good about not going in the house and between DD, me, and DH, he usually gets out of the house right when he starts asking.

It was totally my fault-there was no way I could have been mad at him. Especially since he'd asked to go out while I was still home and I chose to wait 1/2 hour and forgot about his request and him being in the house. I felt really bad for him when I smelled that and remembered him.

As soon as he heard us come in, he ran to the back door and DD let him out.