Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: i'm scared

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i'm scared

Advertisements
    i'm scared for buddy.

i'm scared i'm not going to be able to pay for any surgery he might need. or that for some reason he's going to be paralyzed in his back end. i'm scared i'm not going to be able to care for him like he might need if going to the vet brings bad news. or that i'll either have to give him up to a rescue cause i can't pay for treatment or worse yet, have to put him down.

i know it's all pretty irrational thinking, but i can't help but think those things when he's like this.

please send good thoughts his way. i can't lose my baby boy.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    i'm scared for buddy.

i'm scared i'm not going to be able to pay for any surgery he might need. or that for some reason he's going to be paralyzed in his back end. i'm scared i'm not going to be able to care for him like he might need if going to the vet brings bad news. or that i'll either have to give him up to a rescue cause i can't pay for treatment or worse yet, have to put him down.

i know it's all pretty irrational thinking, but i can't help but think those things when he's like this.

please send good thoughts his way. i can't lose my baby boy.
    I'd be scared too I hope he's ok Kari
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thanks sarah. i'm about 10 minutes away from leaving for the vet and i'm already crying.

he made it past everything last summer...he can make it through this too, right? he's a fighter...gotta keep tellin' myself that.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    thanks sarah. i'm about 10 minutes away from leaving for the vet and i'm already crying.

he made it past everything last summer...he can make it through this too, right? he's a fighter...gotta keep tellin' myself that.

He's still got good years left in him! Just try to be positive!
  5. ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    Blog Entries

I'm sending MANY MANY to you...
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't know oyur whole situation, but if your dog does end up needing surgery there is an option you could try. When my dog needed surgery I got a care credit, credit card. It was 0% intrest for 12 months after my dogs surgery and most vets take that kind of card. Also, are there any vet tech teaching schools in your area? Many of those schools do surgery's by a liscenced vet at a low cost so they can use it as a learning experience for the student.

You and your fur baby are in my thoughts