Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: another question about mircochipping

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

another question about mircochipping

Advertisements
    gwen and buddy have different brand microchips.

buddy's was easy to set up. he's got the Home Again brand.

now with gwen's, i'm trying to change my phone number on the account since i know we registered it with my old cell number. but i can't find how to do it online. i found a website. but can't navigate through it, and i found another site, but it says to print something out and mail it in with 6pound. . so that doesn't seem right to me. she's got Avid. does anyone else have Avid and know what i need to do to change it? should i just call the number on the tag and do it that way?

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    I got this off their website
    How do I register or change my information in PETtrac? Is your fee a one-time fee or an annual fee?
    PETtrac's registration department can be reached at (800) 336-2843, ext. 4. NOTE: Unlike some competitors, PETtrac does NOT charge an annual fee for chip registration. The fee is one-time for as long as you own the pet.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thanks! i gave them a call and also found out that if i fax or email a copy of his military id we won't get charged whenever we need to change the address on the account. woo.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  4. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Ohh other wise you would have to pay?
    That would sucks actually, like getting charge for updating your info in a CC or bank lol
  5. I don't miss you & you alone; I miss you & me together...
    I don't miss you & you alone; I miss you & me together...
    OP you can register the avid chip with home again... and vice versa. Home again does not charge for changing info ever... they have a yearly fee if you choose to have the emergency insurance but isn't required.... From my end in the veterinary field HomeAgain is the most user friendly
    Good luck!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpunkyShan View Post
    OP you can register the avid chip with home again... and vice versa. Home again does not charge for changing info ever... they have a yearly fee if you choose to have the emergency insurance but isn't required.... From my end in the veterinary field HomeAgain is the most user friendly
    Good luck!
    buddy's had his Home Again chip for 4 years now. and i'm just getting around to registering it. () and when i registered it last night it didn't say anything about emergency insurance, but it did say there was a yearly fee...

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I was able to change my info on the site..but I would just call if its not working.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    thanks! i gave them a call and also found out that if i fax or email a copy of his military id we won't get charged whenever we need to change the address on the account. woo.

Well shit, I didn't know that! I think I paid $6 to change our contact info on our dog's Avid the year we got here. At least know I know for our move next month! Thanks!
    Needs work.
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post

Oh Good! Emmie has Avid and I don't want to have to pay every time we move.