Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh puppy!

1. Senior Member

Oh puppy!

Advertisements
    She is still messing in the house.
    This isn't the first time I've posted. I've changed habits and everything due to the advice given. But she is still doing it.
    Yesterday she peed (laying in her crate) all over herself. I was getting ready to take her out and she just peed while laying there. Then last night I put her in her crate after taking her out. I went to bed, but had forgotten something. So I went back the the living room and found that she had pooped in her crate. Thank god I found it then rather than in the morning after she had laid in it all night. That would've meant another bath.
    Then just a second ago. I SWORE she was laying down behind me, but I looked over and she was in the midst of pooping. I just took her out. She ran to the door like she was done, so of course I thought she was.
    I keep my eyes on her all the time, except for just now while I was typing on the computer.
    Is this b/c she's just a puppy? When do they really grasp it?
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

It really sounds like she is just not outside long enough. Peeing on herself.. you should probably take her to the vet to rule out a urininary tract infection.
  3. In my own little crazy world . . it's ok, they know me here.
    In my own little crazy world . . it's ok, they know me here.
    I agree, dogs will not normally pee where they sleep, so if she's peeing on herself in her crate it sounds like she might need to see the vet.
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Are you going outside with her? I've had a couple of dogs that until they were house broken I had to be out there with them or they wouldn't go and then come in and pee/poop in the house.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    Are you going outside with her? I've had a couple of dogs that until they were house broken I had to be out there with them or they wouldn't go and then come in and pee/poop in the house.
    I have to go out with her since we lack a fence. I use a leash, which I had thought might hinder her going so I'd been working on letting her just go w/o a leash, but she just runs off. She'll stop so it's not a constant chase, but it's aggravating.
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleysquared View Post
    I have to go out with her since we lack a fence. I use a leash, which I had thought might hinder her going so I'd been working on letting her just go w/o a leash, but she just runs off. She'll stop so it's not a constant chase, but it's aggravating.

My lab wont go on a leash since she is used to having the yard. I bought a retractable leash for her size so that she would potty while we're out when i can't let her off the leash. That might help

How long are you standing out there with her?
  7. Senior Member
    My lab wont go on a leash since she is used to having the yard. I bought a retractable leash for her size so that she would potty while we're out when i can't let her off the leash. That might help

How long are you standing out there with her?
    I stand until she acts like she's done (5-10 min) or she's done her business. I typically wait for her to poo first thing in the AM, around 3 pm, then before bed.
    She'll go at all those time, but I guess she's got more poo than I ever knew in her.
    I'm going to petco next week so I'll def put that on my list.
    And the peeing thing, I think was an accident. After trying to figure it out, I remembered that she'd had 3 bowls of water in a row the night before, so I think she just couldn't hold it anymore.
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleysquared View Post
    I stand until she acts like she's done (5-10 min) or she's done her business. I typically wait for her to poo first thing in the AM, around 3 pm, then before bed.
    She'll go at all those time, but I guess she's got more poo than I ever knew in her.
    I'm going to petco next week so I'll def put that on my list.
    And the peeing thing, I think was an accident. After trying to figure it out, I remembered that she'd had 3 bowls of water in a row the night before, so I think she just couldn't hold it anymore.
    Since she's not house broken yet you probably need to stand out there with her for a good 20 minutes, maybe even more. I had to do that for a while. A lot of time the dogs will poop... and then walk around a little it and poop more.
  9. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    mine will pee on themselves but thats b/c they are just retarted. how old is the puppy? what breed?

[/url]
  10. Senior Member
    Since she's not house broken yet you probably need to stand out there with her for a good 20 minutes, maybe even more. I had to do that for a while. A lot of time the dogs will poop... and then walk around a little it and poop more.
    Okay I'll do that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by OneBoyOneGirl View Post
    mine will pee on themselves but thats b/c they are just retarted. how old is the puppy? what breed?
    She's about 7 months and she's (I think) a German Shepherd/Boxer mix.
    =
    HE'S HOME!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast