Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cat. Poop. Blood.

1. Amanda LOVES her friends.
    Amanda LOVES her friends.

Bang Head Cat. Poop. Blood.

Advertisements
    I posted about this the other day in "general" - Not a repost. :/ I toook my cat to the vet, because he was pooping as he was running around the house freaking out.. It happened about 3 times in a weeks span. Poor guy. HE was constantly cleaning himself like his butt hurt or something, i called the vet, said he probably ate something. . . So I just watched him, tried to catch him before he would freak out and put him right in the litter box.. I did this the last time and I went to check back on him, His poop looked like it was coated in Blood. I took it to the vet so they could look at it, I dont know what they checked it for.. Probabably just worms- because thats what he DOESNT Have. They gave me DiaGel to stop the diahherra or whatever- I gave it to him yesterday at like 4:10. Well I wake up this morning and of course, One big pile of shit, Diaherra mostly in the middle of my floor. And on top of all this poop was like some blood. Maybe, I'm just freaking out... but 1. I dont have a lot of money since I'm just ONE income now... & 2. I really hate locking ALL my cats up all day while I'm gone.

I dont change the food. They have been on the same food for about 10 pounds of food - & I keep the litter box cleaned. The vet said he probably ate something or got in to something he shouldnt of.

Help.
    Proud MSOS wife to: Marinesbabygirl9
    I'm ME, and only me.
    *i need a new siggy, for the new chapter in my life.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/amandapunelli?ref=name
  2. Regular Member
    *first I'm going to apologize because this is probably going to sound completely disgusting and I'm sorry if it offends anyone

My previous dog Champ (german shep.) had this same issue. He would run around the yard whining in pain when he had to poop. He did this while he was in the process of pooping as well. When we looked at it, it was always covered in blood. Afterward he would lick his behind and whine like it still hurt. When this started happening, he went to the bathroom ALL THE TIME (more than 7 or 8 times a day) as opposed to a few times a day like normal animals do and it would come out in like little pieces still covered in blood. We took him to the vet and we found out that he had whats called a fistula. For the most part, he had a tear in his intestines due to something he swallowed and as it passed through his intestines it made a few tears in them and they became infected. I found this link that explains more about fistulas for you and I've included it at the end of my post. I would say take your cat to the vet ASAP because it is very serious. As for my dog, he died before we could do anything about it I hope you figure out whats wrong with your kitty and that she gets all better soon!

*the link has to do with fistulas in dogs, but i thought that it still might be helpful to you since it explains what they are
    http://www.peteducation.com/article....+1592&aid=2921
    Last edited by Stephie116; 01-08-2009 at 03:41 PM.
  3. Amanda LOVES her friends.
    Amanda LOVES her friends.
    I'm taking that web page to the vet w/ me.
    Proud MSOS wife to: Marinesbabygirl9
    I'm ME, and only me.
    *i need a new siggy, for the new chapter in my life.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/amandapunelli?ref=name
  4. Senior Member
    Omg that's horrible!!! I really hope you get your answer soon!!

5. Regular Member
    Hang in there. Hopefully its nothing very serious, but if it is a fistula, they are treatable! My dog had a very serious case of it but it sounds like if your cat has it, its more of a minor case and can probably be treated with medicine because you said it only happened 3 times in about a weeks span. Pm me if you ever need to talk!