Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I can't believe I heard someone talk about their pet this way!

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Bang Head I can't believe I heard someone talk about their pet this way!

Advertisements
    I was at the DMV trying to keep the kids happy while we waited forever and I was sitting close to a guy who was on the phone the whole time -complaining about the money he was spending.

Well - being AT the DMV I just assumed he was talking about his CAR.

He was saying things like "it's 10 years old and a stupid piece of shit. . . I can't believe i had to spend THAT MUCH money on it . . ."

But THEN he said "Oh, yeah, the car was just $15.00, I just paid that . . . I can't believe I had to spend over $400.00 on a damn 5-cent dog!"

That little phrase he used "for a 5-cent dog" was just so VILE.
    He was talking about his dog that's sick and at the vet's!! He wasn't talking about his car!

When I realized WHAT he was talking about I was SO DISGUSTED I got up and sat somewhere else.

If you don't LOVE your pet or WANT your pet then don't HAVE a pet!!

I actually found myself holding back an offer to take his dog in and care for it on my own! :mad
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That's horrible. I'm pretty pissed at my cat right now but I'd never talk about him like that.
  3. Miss Megan
    Miss Megan
    Poor thing.
  4. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    ugh that man does not sound like a good pet owner. maybe i shouldn't judge, but seriously. from what you said-- not cool. of course we dont' know the background. i remember when Danny was a puppy... he got into my closet and literally chewed one of ever pair of shoes that i had. i can't say that i was happy with him-- but i didn't say anything that bad.

now whenever Dannydoes something bad and i go to tell DF about it... i say "YOUR DOG did this..."

www.SnarkyFit.com
  5. I prayed, & God gave me my soldier in green. I thank Thee!
    I prayed, & God gave me my soldier in green. I thank Thee!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    ugh that man does not sound like a good pet owner. maybe i shouldn't judge, but seriously. from what you said-- not cool. of course we dont' know the background. i remember when Danny was a puppy... he got into my closet and literally chewed one of ever pair of shoes that i had. i can't say that i was happy with him-- but i didn't say anything that bad.

now whenever Dannydoes something bad and i go to tell DF about it... i say "YOUR DOG did this..."

That is soo great!

How amazingly awful people treat their kids and animals. It says a LOT of about a person how they treat animals.

I had a neighbor that got a puppy when we lived off base and just put him in the backyard, mind you this was a LITTLE puppy, so of course he's going to chew. They left him alone ALL day with nothing. So he started to chew on their little plastic fences around their flower beds. The guy came home and started beating the puppy with one of them!!! Like this puppy knew what he had done wrong!?!?

I screamed over the fence that I saw him beating his dog and told him I was calling animal control. I did too! They came over and investigated and then came to talk to me. The next day the dog was gone. Poor puppy!
  6. Senior Member
    That is horrible... Fenway had some problems adjusting to a new home after being in the shelter and did a nice amount of damage but I would never ever say anything like that about her. It saddens me that people like that own pets.
  7. ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    Blog Entries
    I spent over $500 to save our kitty, who still died a month later, and I still don't regret it. I never will.

People just make me ill.
  8. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Oh WOW! I would have told him to shut the fuck up!!! The NERVE of some people!