Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bagels!

1. Regular Member

Bagels!

Advertisements
    So DB and I have been talking about getting a dog when he comes back from this deployment, and I think I want a Bagel Hound (Basset Hound/Beagle Hybrid). The thing is it's a relatively new hybrid and I've been having a hard time finding respectable breeders. Does anyone know where I should start looking? I want to have a lot of the search down before DB comes home so we can start looking for a special puppy sooner than later

قلبيقلبي
  2. CAITstoppable
    CAITstoppable
    google.

http://twitter.com/CLAiken

3. Regular Member
    first place I looked, but I couldn't find any breeder information. The only few places that even had the breed listed said that none were for sale right now and as a result didn't have any information so that I could contact people.

قلبيقلبي
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

"Respectable" breeders don't breed mutts I have a hybrid that I rescued... it's just an expensive mutt. They call them hybrids to make more money
  5. Senior Member
    I have a beagle/basset. He's 4 years old and I got him from the local humane society. I don't like breeders and will never purchase a dog from them. "Mutts" have better personalities and are all around better dogs, in my opinion.
    Just go to the pet store (on the weekends) they usually have all kinds of dogs available for adoption
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I didn't mean my response in a snotty way, btw What I mean is GOOD respectable breeders breed to better the breed and don't believe in purposely breeding mutts.

With that being said, the breeder my lab came from breeds silvers, which some lab breeders and such feel is a bad thing rather than a good thing for the breed. But they are still purebreds, just an out of standard color
    Last edited by IMakeLotsaBabies; 01-06-2009 at 10:17 AM.
  7. Senior Member
    I totally thought this was in the wrong forum,

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    mmm, i love me some bagels! . sorry, had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    "Respectable" breeders don't breed mutts I have a hybrid that I rescued... it's just an expensive mutt. They call them hybrids to make more money

why not just go for one breed or the other? why mix them?

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aheart11 View Post
    I have a beagle/basset. He's 4 years old and I got him from the local humane society. I don't like breeders and will never purchase a dog from them. "Mutts" have better personalities and are all around better dogs, in my opinion.
    Just go to the pet store (on the weekends) they usually have all kinds of dogs available for adoption
    pet stores have adoptions on the weekend? oh....gotcha...like pet supply stores. lol. ok yeah, a lot of those do.

but don't go to a pet store that sells puppies. they have a lot of the new "hybrid" dogs, but you'll be paying an outrageous amount for them and supporting puppy mills at the same time. not to mention a slew of other reasons not to go to a pet store for a dog. stay away from pet stores that sell pets.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  10. Banned
    Banned
    They are a wonderful cross - I grew up with a beagle/basset cross (Ralphie dog) and she was great. Don't, however, just be sucked in by these "designer" dogs which are just mixed breeds with cutsie names which magically cause the dog to cost twice as much as a pure dog of either breed.
    Last edited by Miss B Hav'n; 01-06-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast