Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My poor pup

1. Senior Member

Sad My poor pup

Advertisements
    So my little girl, Zoe, has another UTI. We took her to the vet alot earlier this time and she isn't as bad off. they couldn't get a urine sample out of her though so without my mom's permission the vet "took the liberty" of doing an ultrasound to make sure there weren't any stones. He said she has a really small bladder and that maybe why we have never been able to fully potty train her. My poor baby.

After talking with the vet my mom brought up that Zoe's anxiety is worse and the meds he put her one last year weren't helping. He drew some blood and did a full scan on it. He came back and said her thyroid is normal HOWEVER her pituitary gland somehow acts as a thermostat. Like most units in houses after they get old when you set the thermostat on 70 sometimes it goes to 71 and then 72 then 73 until its fixed. Well something in her pituitary gland that lets off some chemical isn't working right. It's letting off more of something in her system than it should. This is what could be causing her mood swings and it also causes dogs to retain sodium making them thirsty, causeing them to drink lots of water. She has been doing that and with her small bladder her accidents have been worse. It also can cause her immune system to be weak and causing her to have UTIs.

this can be treated but not cured. He said it can get worse and if it does we will have to do more tests. He also said it could be where it will stay. He gave us meds for everything. I just want my baby better. I feel so bad now that we have ignored her mood swings like this and it was something really wrong. We have talked to vets about it before but they brushed it off. My poor Zoe.
  2. Senior Member
    bump
  3. Im Awesome! :p
    Im Awesome! :p
    I hope the medicine helps. That's the worst feeling when our furry friends are sick and can't tell us. Hopefully everything will be okay soon

Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I hope the meds help You might try putting a doggy diaper on her if she has reduced bladder control, and as long as you change it often and let her have outside time without it on for a few hours a day it shouldn't aggravate the infection I wouldn't think.