Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Shes not eating.

1. Senior Member

Shes not eating.

Advertisements
    Sandee has been skipping her meals. Are puppies like little kids and sometimes don't eat? Shes about 8 1/2 months and was spayed about two weeks ago. Other than her not eating she seems just fine. Shes plays fine, shes drinking, Her sleeping is normal, I guess shes pooping. I don't inspect, just let her out. I'm going to call her vet monday to ask about her incision I'll ask about her eating too I just wanted to see if its a normal thing or maybe something is wrong with her.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    IS she eating not as much as normal or not at all?? Because if she wasnt eating at much than it might her seeing as that might stretch her belly and it might hurt her!!! Maybe try to give her something lighter than dog food!!! Or if she isnt eating at all try giving her some broth or something!! SOmething not so hard on her stomach!!

I love him forever and always!!!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i would just keep an eye on her, and if it's not better within a few days take her to the vet. mari wasn't drinking water at first but she figured out the elizabethan collar and then she was fine.
  4. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    Is she on any antibiotics? Sometimes those give dogs upset bellies enough that they don't want to eat. How many times a day do you feed her? If you're still doing 3 times a day she may just be starting to self-regulate to maintain her own weight. Some dogs will do that naturally as they slow down in their growing.

I definitely recommend calling your vet, though!
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
  5. Senior Member
    She is eating a little bit. Normally she eats about 5 cups per day but lately shes been eating more like 2.
  6. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    What kind of dog is she? Unless she's a giant breed 5 cups is way too much food. It sounds to me like she's learning her limits when it comes to how much food she can eat.
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRed911 View Post
    Is she on any antibiotics? Sometimes those give dogs upset bellies enough that they don't want to eat. How many times a day do you feed her? If you're still doing 3 times a day she may just be starting to self-regulate to maintain her own weight. Some dogs will do that naturally as they slow down in their growing.

I definitely recommend calling your vet, though!
    Her meds are all done. We've always fed her twice a day and she normally eats so fast she chokes. Now she will sniff it an walk away. Maybe she'll eat a few bites during the day or she might eat breakfast but not dinner. Its very unusual for her. She'll eat treats like milk bones and regular bones.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRed911 View Post
    What kind of dog is she? Unless she's a giant breed 5 cups is way too much food. It sounds to me like she's learning her limits when it comes to how much food she can eat.
    She eats Royal Canin large breed puppy. Shes a golden retreiver so shes going to be a big girl. Right now she weights between 55 and 60 pounds. The bag of food says she should be eating 6 cups a day. We were feeding her 4 to 4 1/2 but she always seemed hungry after it was gone so we started giving her a little bit more. about 5 cups total for the day.
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Wow... Stormy weighs the same and is about a month younger and her food says to feed her 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 cups a day.

She might just be growing out of eating so fast. Stormy eats so fast she gags herself and it drives me crazy.