Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a ? for cat owners

1. ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    Blog Entries

Help I have a ? for cat owners

Advertisements
    It took a few days, but I think Arashi (our other cat) is realizing that his buddy Akuma is not coming home

He's meowing and wandering the house a lot and I feel like he is really lonely. Everytime I leave, he's sitting at the door and when I come home he's in the same exact spot...

I dunno what to do. Me and DB agreed not to get another cat until he comes home...I know it sounds silly, but I'm just worried about Arashi...is he going to be okay?

Has anyone had multiple cats and had one pass? How did the other cat(s) handle it?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm so sorry about your cat that's sad.
    I've never had a cat die. Why can't you go ahead and get a new cat?

Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yup. A couple times. They seem to get over it. Bringing in a new cat definately helps though. Right now Blackie has been replaced with an orange tabby, and Whitey has been replaced with New Whitey.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    im so sorry your cat passed away and that your other cat is taking it hard. i havent had that happen but what i would say is that its just like human mourning and missing someone. just give your cat alot of attention and i think she will be ok soon!

[/url]
  5. ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    Blog Entries
    Well, its too soon for me...I just lost her Tuesday...I don't know if I can get one just yet...

Plus both of our cats were mutual purchases, I think my DB wants us to do the same when getting a new cat. He's in Iraq right now and I think with losing a pet then coming home to a new cat that he has never met after 18 months, its just going to hit him really hard.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post
    Yup. A couple times. They seem to get over it. Bringing in a new cat definately helps though. Right now Blackie has been replaced with an orange tabby, and Whitey has been replaced with New Whitey.
    the kitties in your siggy are...dead?

from what i understand, one of the best ways to help a grieving pet is to get a "replacement". from what i understand, guinea pigs can be so depressed after their companion dies, they will stop eating and pass themselves sometimes.

i don't know what mari and vengeance would do if one of them passed. i think i probably would get another kitty, even though i can't stand the thought of them passing.
  7. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Yes, we lost one of our barn kitties and I brought a new barn kitten home within a couple days. It eased the loss for the other cat our original cat was distraught at first at the loss of his sister and now they are good friends and it didn't take much time. My biggest fear was losing our second barn cat because solo kitties don't seem to do well here.
  8. ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I should talk to DB...I think Arashi will be okay...DB really wants to wait so we can get a new kitty together...
    Banned
    When our oldest cat passed away Oct '07 it was a few weeks before Lizzie got over it she spent most days sitting on the chair that Max always curled up on, so she definetly knew something was up.

We ended up getting my kitty Zoey Dec 2nd it was spur of the moment we rescued her, and while I think they both like having another cat, their not friends at all. The can sit on the bed near each other but if one thinks the other is encroaching they get a bit pissy.

So idk we thought it was just the whole new cat thing but its been a year.

And I completely understand wanting to wait until your SO gets back from Iraq so you can make the purchase together.
  10. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    I know the pain of losing a cat, I wish there were some way to make it better, but I believe time is the only thing that helps. I lost my precious Chester about 9 months ago and I have 2 new cats....I love them but I think I should have waited longer, because I still don't love them as much as I loved Chester. As for what to do...I think you should hold off on getting a cat...Arashi needs time to mourn over Akuma too... It gets better with time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast