Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a ? for cat owners

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Sorry to hear about your kitty. This is a bit different but when I'd give one of Pilar's kittens away she would cry and search endlessly for it and when she realized it wasn't coming back she'd seem really depressed. She got over it, but their pain, I imagine is like ours. They grieve too and it takes some time to get over it.

Awaiting the arrival of baby Andrew

2. Senior Member
    we didnt lose one. but df said CONSTANTLY the thing he missed the most about home was animals. i got a kitten probably 3 months after he left and he was so tiny, he slept with me, and once df got home for r&r the cat was a little upset because someone was in his spot of the bed, but after a while he grew more attached to df then me.

sorry about your kitty but maybe having another cutie to come home to will make him feel better? not sure what to do!

3. ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    Blog Entries
    Thank you...he's doing better...he's befriended our chinchilla...who already thinks he is a cat...ha! We want another cat, but I'm waiting til' DB gets home...Arashi is just gonna get a lot of love and attention to get him through this.
  4. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Your kitty is just in mourning, and having a hard time. Time and TLC will help him get over the loss.

I am sorry you lost your kitty, that is always hard
    ...Done....
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBoyOneGirl View Post
    im so sorry your cat passed away and that your other cat is taking it hard. i havent had that happen but what i would say is that its just like human mourning and missing someone. just give your cat alot of attention and i think she will be ok soon!
  6. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    We just delt with this a few months ago. Harley (my older cat) and Shadow (the baby) were inseperable. Then Shadow got hit by a car. Harley took it really hard. He wouldn't leave my side. I would actually feel guilty for going to work. I don't think he actually got better until we got another cat. Now he's completely taken to the new kitten and he's much better.

If y'all are wanting to wait to get a new cat then I would just suggest showering your cat with lots of love and affection until then. He'll get better it's just going to take some time. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. It's absolutely heartbreaking.
  7. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    Yes, each time we lost a cat, their partner would suffer terribly.

After a few weeks, kitty adapts though.

If your kitty is the co-dependant type, you may want to speak to your boyfriend about getting another cat before his homecoming. Kitties can fall into depressions, especially if they're lonely.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah, they sure can be really sensitive. When I moved into this apartment, my cat kept going from room to room meowing until I finally got all the stuff moved in. Give your kitty some kisses for me. Poor baby.
  9. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    My female cat is still recovering from when we brought the kitten home in August.

She's licked off two spots of hair on the sides of her belly.

I'm about to get her a sweater or put a cone on her head so she'll leave them alone!
  10. ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Rashel View Post
    We just delt with this a few months ago. Harley (my older cat) and Shadow (the baby) were inseperable. Then Shadow got hit by a car. Harley took it really hard. He wouldn't leave my side. I would actually feel guilty for going to work. I don't think he actually got better until we got another cat. Now he's completely taken to the new kitten and he's much better.

If y'all are wanting to wait to get a new cat then I would just suggest showering your cat with lots of love and affection until then. He'll get better it's just going to take some time. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. It's absolutely heartbreaking.
    Yeah, we are probably going to wait...unless I go to the humane society by accident...

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethb883 View Post
    Your kitty is just in mourning, and having a hard time. Time and TLC will help him get over the loss.

I am sorry you lost your kitty, that is always hard
    I'm giving him lots of He has gotten very attached to me in the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    Yes, each time we lost a cat, their partner would suffer terribly.

After a few weeks, kitty adapts though.

If your kitty is the co-dependant type, you may want to speak to your boyfriend about getting another cat before his homecoming. Kitties can fall into depressions, especially if they're lonely.
    I'm seriously considering talking to Chris about it...though Arashi seems to be okay...day by day, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by livetosurf View Post
    Yeah, they sure can be really sensitive. When I moved into this apartment, my cat kept going from room to room meowing until I finally got all the stuff moved in. Give your kitty some kisses for me. Poor baby.
    aww..he loves kisses I'm picking up Akuma's ashes hopefully next week...I promised her she was coming home
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast