Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad weekend...exciting one to come

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

Sad weekend...exciting one to come

Advertisements
    So I had a Sad Sunday, I had to let Charley the chinnie go . My sister asked me to bring him into my home about 6 months ago, because she had moved out of my mom's and couldn't take him to where she and her bf had moved into. Charley was left there and was kind of being neglected, my mom doesn't really know how to care for small animals. So I chin-napped him finally and brought him home. At that point I really thought Charley was going to stay with me permanently, I didn't think she'd ever take him back. Well recently her douchebag (sorry I really dislike him) of a bf kept whining to her about how he wanted her to get him back because he bought Charley for her for Valentines day, blah blah blah. Even though my sister wanted Charley to stay with me because he was so happy and had Dori as a buddy, he got lots of attention, had a nice big house, etc. Well, he finally convinced her that she needed to get him back. I was sad and kinda didn't wanna let him go, but fine, I knew it wasn't MY pet to begin with so I didn't put up too much of a fight. BUT my only condition was that she take the new cage I made for him, because his old cage was half the size. WELL THAT turned into a HUGE ordeal because her bf was just being a COMPLETE ASSHOLE about the whole thing and refused to take my bigger roomier cage that Charley was happy in, he wanted his old cage, and for no good reason, just because he's a big douche. It turned into a big thing, and I ended up telling my sister I wanted NOTHING more to do with him and he was no longer welcome in my home. I mean this jackass went as far as saying "well she's staying in MY house and its MY decision, she's lucky I charge her so little for rent" WHAT? I didn't realize you were her landlord, I had this crazy idea you were a couple and you were her bf? And I didn't know that landlords got to have use of the tenants car whenever they wanted and got to sleep in the same bed WHATEVER my sister is a dumbass for staying with that jackass, but that's a whole other story . Anyway, Even though my sister promises me that she'll keep his cage open as much as possible so that Charley can roam around the apartment, I still HATE the idea that he has to live back in that other cage . Yesterday she came by to pick him up, I made it clear that it was only HER that was allowed to come to my house. I made sure to give her all the commodities that Charley had in my cage, so at least he wouldn't have to downgrade completely. I also gave her a carrier for him so she wouldn't take him home in a box. So I was sad thinking that Charley had to sleep in a smaller house last night, but all I can do is cross my fingers and hope that they take as good care of him as they say they will. I'll definitely be checking in with my sister regularly to see how he's doing.

But something good did come from all the stress and ugliness of this weekend. I was so sad that Dori lost her little neighbor buddy that she loved cuddling up with, that I finally made the decision to finally take her to find her a husbunny . I contacted the director of the House Rabbit Society here in San Diego, and took a look at some eligible bachelors up for adoption . I'm currently working on setting up a date this coming Saturday so Dori can go in and interact with several boy buns, and HOPEFULLY find one that she gets along with and that can come home with us . I"m very excited, because my Dori is so sweet, I just know when we find a partner for her they will love each other forever . My Dori is a big girl, about 8 1/2 lbs and black with a tan belly I don't have pics of her here on my computer at work, but I'll post hers later.

Here are some pictures of her current eligible bachelors she'll get to meet either this weekend or the following :

Skyler

Skyler is a handsome little guy who needs an experienced bunny home. This little bun boy is a smaller Florida White bunny, about 1 year old. He came from a shelter where he was too feisty in the cage and would give volunteers and staff a hard time. Now in foster care, Skyler is housed in an x-pen setup where he does much better. He will kick out his legs to relax, and enjoys being pet. Skyler loves hay and fresh veggies and running around his pen. His foster mom is working with him to help him trust again. Because he is a little more difficult to handle, Skyler is not a good choice for a home with smaller children or those who do not have prior rabbit experience. He would do best in a rabbit-experienced adult home, and might also be a good companion choice for a gentle bunny girl. We are certain that Skyler will become a nice bunny boy and be the love of someone's life. It just takes time, a gentle touch, and loving patience. If you're an experienced bunny home Skyler would benefit from your love. Did we mention that he's perfect with his litterbox?

Tucker

Tucker is a big love bunny, ready for his new family. This handsome bunny boy is sweet and loves attention; a big luv bun! About 6lbs, he's an active boy who loves to race around and around his pen and then rest. Tucker loves life and enjoys it with gusto; sitting on the pellet dish to eat, tossing things about, making the most of his surroundings. He would make a great family bun, entertaining you with his fun, bunny antics. Tucker might also make a good companion to your sweet bunny girl.

Little Ricky

Little Ricky is hoping for a sweet bunny girl in a quiet new home. This little guy is shy and a bit nervous, but he does love to play and explore once he feels comfortable. He's so gentle and sweet that we think he'd love a bunny girlfriend. Ricky is a little guy - about 5lbs - with the prettiest blue eyes! He's great with his litterbox, enjoys chewing on grass mats, and is easy to handle as long as you are gentle. He would do well in an adult home or one with gentle children. Do you have room in your heart and home for Ricky?

Powder

Powder is an adorable bunny boy who will make a great family companion. This darling young New Zealand boy is sweet, affectionate and loves attention. Powder is active and loves play time with his siblings, where they have an x-pen setup and a Cottontail Cottage. He has been neutered and is good with his litterbox. Powder would make a great family bunny or a nice companion to your sweet bunny girl. He is used to living with dogs, cats and other bunnies.
    Update: Powder is a big boy now, a handsome New Zealand guy who is very sweet and friendly. He would be a good "family" bunny or make a companion to your sweet bunny girl.
  2. Senior Member
    They are all so darn cute! I wonder which boy bun she will interact with the best...Tucker sure is a cutie!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Tucker is a handsome mate for her!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I vote Tucker!
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Aww.. they're all cute, but Tucker's my fav..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glass1/2full View Post
    They are all so darn cute! I wonder which boy bun she will interact with the best...Tucker sure is a cutie!
    LOL yea that's the catch, she has to like him. They say girl buns are a lot more territorial, so the ball is definitely in her court!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Aww! I love them all but Tucker is just so darn handsome! I hope Charley will be okay.
  8. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    I hope Charley will be okay.
    Thank you, I hope so too. I mean, I know he will, I'm trying to stay positive about it. I'm calling my sis today to see how he's doing
  9. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

We have three more!

So the HRS lady called and said there were a few more bachelors at a local shelter that might be a good fit for Dori as well. Here are two more of the eligible gentlebuns :

Brando

Brando (the "real" bunny on the left) is a handsome, sweet Agouti gentleman. He loves nose rubs and will do funny dances for you during his run time. Brando had a home for a year, but for reasons unrelated to him, he was returned. His wish is to find a lasting home where his charming personality will be cherished his whole life. Brando is neutered, and his ID no. is 20522.

Diego

Diego is a neutered dark gray bunny about 8 months old. He is very friendly, easy to hold and loves to be petted. He has the cutest fat cheeks. Diego will do well with any family, is used to dogs and cats and would most likely make a wonderful friend to a spayed bunny girl.

Clover

Clover is a New Zealand white neutered bunny. He is about 6 months old and very fun and friendly. Clover was saved from a vendor selling tiny baby bunnies in the garment district of Los Angeles. He is hoping for a wonderful family to call his own.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    TUCKER OR BRANDO TUCKER OR BRANDO!
    Are you scrappy enough for me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast