Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: :hot hot dog

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

:hot hot dog

Advertisements
    so moving from wisconsin to virginia has kind of taken a toll on my little guy. it's way too hot for him here. until we moved here, he never slept on the floor, and now that's the only place he'll be because it's slightly cooler. i already have to shave him down every other week, and he's in a kennel when we're gone and i put a fan on him, but does anyone have any ideas on how to cool him off without having to have the air conditioner on all the time?

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife
    so moving from wisconsin to virginia has kind of taken a toll on my little guy. it's way too hot for him here. until we moved here, he never slept on the floor, and now that's the only place he'll be because it's slightly cooler. i already have to shave him down every other week, and he's in a kennel when we're gone and i put a fan on him, but does anyone have any ideas on how to cool him off without having to have the air conditioner on all the time?

fans??? They really help alot
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i put a fan on him, and put ice in his water when he's in his kennel, but still when i come home, he's so sluggish cause it's so hot! i'm really worried about him with this heat advisory going on.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife
    i put a fan on him, and put ice in his water when he's in his kennel, but still when i come home, he's so sluggish cause it's so hot! i'm really worried about him with this heat advisory going on.

I understand-It IS hot-I hope your dog will be ok
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Id make your home what is comfortable to you. Seriously he is used to what you are used to. I wouldnt expect any less of him
  6. christymichelle
    aww, i hope he gets some relief
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hey what about a doggy daycare? Or someone to come walk him in the middle of the day, and refresh his ice water etc?
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MW5M
    Hey what about a doggy daycare? Or someone to come walk him in the middle of the day, and refresh his ice water etc?
    doggy day care is a great idea! i acctually live across a street from one. but they're so damn expensive. i used to work at one back in illinois, and applied to the one here, but couldn't give me what i wanted. if it wasn't so expensive, or if i worked there and could bring him for free, i'd be all about it. damn money!

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i acctually shave him down instead of brushing him. he's a cocker spainel, and his fur gets a little thick at times, but that does seem to help a lot. i'm sure it'd be easier on him if i dind't have to put in him a kennel when we're gone, but if i don't, he'll tear the place apart looking for me. also, when i take him outside, it's so freakin' hot out that on the way to the mail box he has to stop and lay down because he's so exhausted from the heat. and the little snot is so picky about his water! he'll only drink fresh water. and when we lived in wisconsin, he was never like this in the summer. i dunno. i'm just worried cause my grand parents had a dog once that died from the heat in wisconsin.

10. Senior Member
    I dunno about during the day, but I have a little kiddie pool for my pooch that she runs into as soon as she sees it.