Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sad, but...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Sad I'm sad, but...

Advertisements
    We have to get rid of our cats. They have been going to the bathroom on our couch on and off for months, and while we were gone this past week they went all over the house. It's breaking my heart, but we can't keep doing this. We've tried everything to get them to stop but they won't.

I REALLY don't want to take them to the animal shelter because it would break my heart to know they might get put down. One of them is super sweet and a really pretty cat, but the other one hates everyone except us. I'm thinking about putting an ad in the paper to see if I can find them a good home, but I know the chances of someone wanting them are slim since they aren't kittens.

Do you think a cat rescue place would take them? Where else can I look into taking them? I hate this, I really do!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    awww I'm sorry that really sux. I think a cat rescue would take them. Put them in the paper and on freecycle anyways. Someone might take them. Have you had them checked out at the vet? I know if they have a bladder or infection it causes them to pee everywhere. I'm sorry you have to get rid of them. I know how you feel I would die if I had to give mine up. Good Luck!!
  3. Kym
    The cats could have an infection. Get them checked by a vet first to see if there is a problem before getting rid of them
  4. RockstarMom
    You can probably take them to a rescue. A warning though- they might be mean to you and try to tell you that you didn't try hard enough with them to correct the behavior.

I hope you can find them new homes!
  5. Georgia Peach
    Georgia Peach
    i've gotten animals from rescue places and taken some there also. and they don't put them to sleep if they don't find a home!
  6. Senior Member
    Aw, I am so sorry that you may have to give them up. I agree with the vet idea though...maybe they have UTI's or something?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've already taken them to the vet. They don't have any problems, he said it's pure defiance. That's the first thing I did when they started going outside of the litter box. This has been going on for over 3 months now though and we just can't keep having them go to the bathroom all over the house.

I will have to look up some cat rescue places around here. I really don't want them to get put down.
  8. my AOC truly makes me happy
    my AOC truly makes me happy

Sorry sweetie, I hope you find great homes for them
  9. Senior Member
    That happened to my cat a couple of years ago. My parents brought her to the animal shelter and the woman there said they would be able to correct the behavior and asked if we wanted her back. My parents said NO! I was pissed. Maybe see if the shelter there will be able to correct it?
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast