Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Conjuntivitis

1. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Lifes hard... get a helmet.

Conjuntivitis

Advertisements
    has anyones cat ever had it?? basically its where goo is coming outta the cats eye non stop, and the eye swells sometimes to the point its stuck shut? Katrina has been sneezing like crazy since we got her, we took her to the vet like 3 days ago and they said everything was ok. But on friday i noticed a little bit of goo, nothing serious and since then its gotten worse plus she's always sneezing, she still is really playful and is eating but when db and i came home her eye was swollen shut! I called a emergency vet and they said wait until tomorrow and take her to our normal vet, but then was talking to my best friend who has always had cats and she said just but a warm cloth on the cats eye for a few minutes every other hour or so and it'll go away, has anyone heard of this or dealt with it??? and do you know if it could get passed to our dog or bird???
    Please Remember to follow OPSEC!!!

Life is hard.... Wear a helmet
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    if your cat is sneezing like crazy, that is NOT a good thing. cats only sneeze like that when they have an upper respiratory infection. which is not good. between both of my cats when they got it, i had $1500 in vet bills. we almost lost one to it. Saint, my black cat had his uri spread to his eyes. it started with just the goo coming out. he is now half blind and getting cataracts at the age of 4 because of that nasty stuff. he wound up with ulcers in his eyes. you need to ask your vet about it or go and get a 2nd opinion.
  3. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    if your cat is sneezing like crazy, that is NOT a good thing. cats only sneeze like that when they have an upper respiratory infection. which is not good. between both of my cats when they got it, i had $1500 in vet bills. we almost lost one to it. Saint, my black cat had his uri spread to his eyes. it started with just the goo coming out. he is now half blind and getting cataracts at the age of 4 because of that nasty stuff. he wound up with ulcers in his eyes. you need to ask your vet about it or go and get a 2nd opinion.
    ahhhh! i made a appointment for tomorrow morning. I'm hoping its not a full blown uri and that we've caught it fast enough, since i got home and cleaned her up i had a rag on her eye and she seems like she is feeling better the gooing hasn't started back yet, but i'm still taking her to the vet first thing tomorrow.

4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    good... let me know what they say. poor kitty
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    you can do that with humans but with animals you want to get that checked...it sounds like its a URI, and if you just adopted a cat, then chances are both are going to have it...They can be treated with daily antibiotics and some eye drops...Thats what we used to give our clients...
  6. Lifes hard... get a helmet.
    thanks for the help about the cat. I took her to the vet today and she has Feline Pneumonitis so they gave us some eye drops for her and a antibiotic. We're guessing she got it b4 we adopted her last week. The crappy part is the vet said that since its caused by a form of chlamydia (can't effect humans) but it could effect Charlie our bird, so we had to send the bird to my parents house a hour away until the cat is better

7. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    poor kitty! i hope she's feeling better soon.
  8. achicnsocal
    Quote Originally Posted by dotb182
    thanks for the help about the cat. I took her to the vet today and she has Feline Pneumonitis so they gave us some eye drops for her and a antibiotic. We're guessing she got it b4 we adopted her last week. The crappy part is the vet said that since its caused by a form of chlamydia (can't effect humans) but it could effect Charlie our bird, so we had to send the bird to my parents house a hour away until the cat is better
    Sassy had the same thing and the exact same thing happened to her when we brought her home from the shelter .. I felt so bad .. her eyes got so bad so fast that they were almost bleeding .. He said when animals get it it effects their immune system usually for the rest of their lives .. She hasn't ever gotten the cold in her eyes again but a few times we've had to take her back to the vet because shes has gotten colds that wouldn't go away ... I hope Ms. Kitty butt feels better