Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us something about your pets!

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Tell us something about your pets!

Advertisements
    Number of pets total?
    What kind?
    Name?
    Age?
    Something 'special' about them (eg how you got them, something they always do etc)
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We have 2 pets. There is

Boots (our cat), she's about 10months old. We got her a week after I moved to WA from Guam. We had just wanted to look at the animals at the humane society and were actually looking for a dog but fell in love with her. And I just had to take her home with me. Her name is Boots because she has white feet. lol

Sunny (our dog) is 4 1/2 months old. She was born New Year's Day. She's 3/4 lab, 1/4 rottweiler and VERY hyper. She just started school last Wednesday. Hopefully that'll help her calm down a bit. We got her a couple weeks after DH got home from his last underway. When we named her we had been talking about my MIL's dog (one of those little white yappy ones) and his name is Frosty. DH jokingly asked what the biggest enemy of Frosty, the snowman would be. Which of course let us to the sun. Hence the name Sunny for Sunny. lol
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Number of pets total? 3, unless you count the birds we feed on a daily basis out in the backyard.
    What kind? 2 cats and a rottie
    Name? mickey, olivia, aries
    Age? 6, 7, 9 1/2
    Something 'special' about them (eg how you got them, something they always do etc)
    -aries was my uncle's but we had to keep him when he moved into a smaller place with a roommate. he has horrible arthritis and the only way we can get him to take his glucosamine/chondrotin formula is by giving him table scraps.
    -mickey is weird he likes to rub against you when you get out of the shower. he also likes boobs
    -olivia is a scaredy cat. she also likes boiled ham, roast beef, mayo, milk but only whole and a bunch of different table foods. especially icing. she begs like my dog.
  4. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife
    I never had a pet growing up...never...but my hubby did and now we're considering getting a black lab puppy for my son's 2nd bday. Everyone is trying to talk us out of it...but he's soooo cute with dogs.
  5. navywifeinjapan
    Number of pets total? 2
    Kona our 3 year old German Shephard. We got her from the shelter. After dh leaves for work she comes up and stands guard on my side of the bed. She's very protective and loves to sleep on her side with her legs right up against the wall. She is a handful and everytime she hears dh pull in she starts whining cause she knows he's home.

Hank our 5 month old Golden Retreiver. We got him from a breeder. He is a complete ham. He loves to chew grass, bring in sticks, play in the pool and chase his sissy. If he's outside all I have to do is call his name and he comes running. He has a habit though of running into things. At the vet we were walking towards the door and he ran right into the window.
  6. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    Number of pets total? 4

What kind? 1 dog, who is an Australian Cattle Dog and 3 fish ~ 1 male fancy guppy, & 2 dalmation mollies

Name? The dog's name is Jake, and the fish don't have names.

Age? Jake is about 2 1/2 yrs old.

Something 'special' about them (eg how you got them, something they always do etc) We adopted Jake from the city pound (Fresno Animal Control) the day before he was supposed to get put down. He is the smartest dog I have ever owned! He is also incredibly over-protective of me.
  7. Senior Member
    do husbands count?? j/k we do not have any right now. Maybe in a couple of years.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KDMatthews
    I never had a pet growing up...never...but my hubby did and now we're considering getting a black lab puppy for my son's 2nd bday. Everyone is trying to talk us out of it...but he's soooo cute with dogs.

labs are wonderful dogs. But my advice would be 1st to wait until he is older and 2nd wait if you are going to have more kids soon. My reason is we had a german shepard/collie mix and he was so big it was hard for dd (who was 2 when we got him) to not get knocked around. Sadly we felt it best to find a new home to be fair to everyone including him. Dogs are puppies for a couple of years but they become full grown almost in the first year. Good luck with your decision.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We have 2 pets....

Tabitha Jane is our cat, she is 7 years old...she is my princess! I've had Tabitha since she was 5 weeks old, she travels everywhere with us. Tabitha is very protective over her mommy...she will even slap at Aaron if she don't want him near me...lol thank god shes de-clawed!

then we have ....
    Uh-Oh hes our dog...hes a Dachshund (but not a mini) hes Aarons doggie and Aaron was the one who named him too, we got Uh-Oh from the pound for Aarons 1st birthday. Uh-Oh is almost 2 years old, hes a good dog. The one thing I think he does funny is he sleeps on his back with his feet in the air and he snores! he a major part of the family...he keeps us laughing
  10. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    5 year old spoiled Boxer named Ordie.
Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast