Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats your fave breed?

1. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot

Whats your fave breed?

Advertisements
    Since my divorce from asshat Anya's been heartbroken over him getting our dog. So she is BEYOND excited to get a dog next month along with Trav. We are just a stand still of what type of dog to get now. If we manage to go purebreed we have a fight for...

Anya wants a Yorkshire Terrier
    Trav wants a Boxer or German Shepard
    I want a German Rott might settle for an American

but Ive been looking at the pounds and got them to entertain the idea of a pound puppy But now I just don't know what type of breeds are good cause I doubt we will find our own personal breed likings there.

So what other breeds are out there besides the above and Jack Russels (asshat got him in the divorce) ?

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    John really wants a Golden Retreiver, and I really want a little dog. No specific breed, really, just something small and cute. I think Golden's are GREAT family dogs, but I would want a large yard first.
  3. jennyb
    I dont really have a Fav, but I love Labs, and Golden retrivers and cant stand small fluffy dogs. lol
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I so want to get a great dane. we had one growing up! I just need a huge yard to have one!!! LOL
  5. uscgwife05
    My family has always had german shepherds and boxers. And contrary to what most people believe they are great with kids. So i'm partial to those breeds.

A great website is www.petfinder.org

You can search for animals from your area that are at the local humane societies. That's where we found our dog(a german shepherd/siberian husky mix) and our kitty. It's always nice to adopt the animals from the humane society. The fee is usually low and I'd say 95% of the time you're getting a wonderful animal.

Good luck!
  6. Life is what you make of it
    Life is what you make of it
    We have a black lab. I used to have a Rottie and he was awesome. At one time we had a German Shepherd puppy but he was way too rough with the kids. The lab we have now is pretty good with our kids but I took him to obedience lessons and that helped a ton. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't get a large dog while living in housing. Just not enough room. The other thing I hate is that he sheds like crazy, so I told my dh that I won't get another dog that's a heavy shedder.
    The next dog we get will probably be a Shih Tzu. They're small, don't shed very much and don't need a ton of exercise. The only thing is that they do require quite a bit of grooming.
    I'm with Anya on this one, I think Yorkies are so cute! Unfortunately, hubby does not, lol.
  7. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    I love boxers like this one.. http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=6145516

but I just dont want to give in and let Trav have the final say on a doggie.

8. uscgwife05
    Awww he's adorable. DH didn't have any say in the animals we got. he knew we were getting a dog just not which one. When I dropped him off at work I just drove the 2 hours south,picked the dog up and then came back and picked my husband up. let me just say he was very surprised when he got in the car.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That dog is cute Michelle!! Has a little pit in him too!!
    My favorite breeds by far are pits and boxers!! They are both really great with kids! We ahd a boxer growing up and when my nephews were babies and she would let them do just about anything to her!! Good luck with whatever you decide though!!
  10. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    As far as pure breds, my favorite breed is a Rottweiler. In all the years I worked in Veterinary hospitals and animal shelters, I worked with alot of Rottweilers and they are definitely my favorite breed.

My DH's favorite is an Australian Cattle Dog (also know as a Blue, Red Heeler, or Queensland Heeler). So, we have a cattle dog right now. He is by far the smartest dog I have ever owned!!

I would like to get a Rottweiler, but DH is not to keen on the idea. I guess you have to work with them, or be around them like I have, in order to know that they are not an aggressive breed by nature.

I would also like to get a small breed dog, but not sure what type of breed I would like. And DH does not want a small dog, so I doubt we will ever get one.

I'm not a fan of terriers because they are very jumpy, hyper dogs in my experience.

I have owned a Boxer, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Cocker Spaniel Mix, and an American Bulldog, in addition to the dog we have now (the cattle dog).

The Australian Cattle dog was the smartest, The American bulldog was the dumbest, the Cocker Spaniel mix was the most aggressive, The Rhodesian Ridgeback was the most calm, and the Boxer was just really fun - he was a great dog!

Anyways...I'll stop now. LOL. Hope this helps some.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast