Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Long Hair

1. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN

Long Hair

Advertisements
    Does anybody take clippers to their doggy? I've only had mine a lil over a month so I'm not sure what to do about his fur. He goes outside and gets those round sticklers in his fur and then I pick him clean for an hour every night! Someone told me to clip his fur but I am terrified! Anyone do this before??

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

2. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    we shave our golden retriever monthly he enjoys it..just lays there and moves only when we tell him too
  3. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Lol our little dogs used to get stickers all over them it was awful... so either my sister, aunt or grandma used to just shave em bald... they looked like big rats but it helped so much lol.
  4. Senior Member
    I've never shaved any dog we've ever had but I know plenty of people who shave their dogs.
  5. stokes
    lola has long hair and when we first got her she had these really horrific tangles so we had to cut those out. she doesn't get too many sticklers that aren't easy to get out. i would shave him. a groomer will do it if you don't want to.
  6. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    There are no groomers anywhere near here, that was my issue... Another lady here said just take the clippers to him. I think I will try cutting the ones out that I can't pick out myself for now and see how it ends up! Poor doggy...

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

7. Hard working mommy and wife!
    Hard working mommy and wife!
    Our yorkie has long hair (well it's short now) and I've tried using the clippers on him but his hair is too fine and silky that it just slips right out of the clippers. I gave him a haircut myself about a week ago and just used the scissors. It took me a couple of hours but it's short enough now that he won't have to go back to the groomers until the end of the summer.