Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Sitter?

1. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries

Confused Dog Sitter?

Advertisements
    Okay so I live in Ramona, 45 mintues from San Diego and I;ve got a big problem....I am scheduled to fly out on the 10th of May with our 1yr son to go back to MN for 3 months so the family can meet Eian (some for the first time and my hubs parents for only the second time since he was born), the problem is that our dog (mini wiener dog) is too long to be carried on to the plane and no airline (within my budget) will either not check her as baggage, not allow pets at all, or can't guarantee I can check her as baggage due to the weather...and they want so much money extra to do this...so right now we are sitting here not able to fly home because of this little dog, my mom is a wreck because she was so excited to be able to see her grandson again and I spent almost all day yesterday crying my eyes out cause I'm upset about it all ....My question is:
    Do or will any of you ladies in San Diego know of/do dog sitting ?? I'm able and willing to pay 100.00 for it (not much but that 20.00 more than if I could carry her on the plane).I'll provide the food, her kennel and even a heath certificate if you need...I plan on being back July 25th but if I need to come back a little earlier I will....
    I so hate to ask, I'm not a person to usually ask favors from people cause I feel like I'm imposing but I really really wanna head home to see family!

Please pm me if you know of anyone...thank you so so much!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Have you tried checking out the yellow pages? Or even online? I found a pet sitter when we lived in WA that way. They came to my house however many times per day I requested, fed the animals, walked the dog, even checked my mail, left lights on once dark and watered my plants. I dont remember how much it was. It was priced per visit tho I know that. Each visit lasted about an hour so the doggy had someone to play with

G'luck!
  3. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara
    Have you tried checking out the yellow pages? Or even online? I found a pet sitter when we lived in WA that way. They came to my house however many times per day I requested, fed the animals, walked the dog, even checked my mail, left lights on once dark and watered my plants. I dont remember how much it was. It was priced per visit tho I know that. Each visit lasted about an hour so the doggy had someone to play with

G'luck!
    Yeah I've done tha ttoo, but they want 20 dollars a day, and that's wayyyy to exspenive for 3 months..I have a friend who could have done it but she's got a cat (it was her call not to becuase she thought the cate will beat up the dog lol)...
  4. New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    Why dont you call somewhere and board her or whatever it is called while you are gone?

Pregnant with baby #2 !!!

5. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffproudnavywife
    Why dont you call somewhere and board her or whatever it is called while you are gone?
    Because I've looked at that option....tons of different boarding place and such...they all cost tons of money for how long I'll need it for.
  6. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    There used to be a Kennel in Poway down on the backend side of Garden road. I can't remember the name but I used to use them with my Rottie. Do you have a poway phone book?

7. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    I hope you find someone that can help you, but I dont think there are any kennels are dog sitting companies that would take $100 for 3 months. That is a really long time....have you thought about any other means of getting your dog there? you might just have to bite it and pay more to have her fly another airline.
  8. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    Yeah thanks! I would bite it if I could but ya can't make a paycheck bigger than what it is LOL!
    Thanks though you all!!
  9. Senior Member
    Pets are like kids. You have to worry about them too! 100 dollars is nothing to take care of the dog! I would say that is to low! Poor doggie for three months . Get someone good!!
  10. Senior Member
    Have you tried the vet on pt loma sub base or the vet at miramar? They may be able to help ya out. I would but I have 2 cats. Sorry Hope you figure something out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast