Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dog Training

1. New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!

Dog Training

Advertisements
    Has anyone put their puppy or dogs in a training class? I am thinking about putting Roxy in a training session because she doesnt behave and when I get on to her she thinks I am playing with her...

Pregnant with baby #2 !!!

2. Shia
    Dog training is really good. When I worked as a groomer in a Doggie Daycare one of the clients was actually a dog trainer. She's the one that helped with Zoey a lot.
  3. uscgwife05
    They have wonderful training classes at PetSmart.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I dont recommend petsmart...Its very $$ and I think it stinks its in the middle of the store...We have a great teacher...Our dog is on agility now, and I pay 60 bucks for 7 weeks...
  5. Aimee
    My dog does the same thing. When I try to get her to get down or not jump, she just thinks it's time to play. She needs doggie classes too... but nothing that's expensive.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Look in your phone book...Call your local shelters or even ask you vet for reccomendations....

When the dog is running and you know it will jump, give the dog your hip...and dont worry it wont hurt the dog, but it knows it cant jump after a while...
  7. New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    Does anyone know how much they usually are.. I have one place that I know of and they charge 85 dollars for 6 classes... Is this too expensive?

Pregnant with baby #2 !!!

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just emailed someone around here that does basic obedience etc. So hopefully Sunny will start by the end of this month.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  9. stokes
    we pay $70 for classes that last a lifetime, so if she ever needs a refresher course we can take her back. i also recommend the gentle leader. it works soo well and we use it when we train lola. our also came with a training dvd so if you wanted to try it yourself
  10. Senior Member
    My dog is in puppy classes at petsmart. I am VERY pleased with it! He has learned SO much already, and it's only been 4 weeks.

It's 99.00 for 8 weeks, and they can repeat the classes for free if it doesn't work the 1st time. Rocco will not need to take the classes over. The instructor is doing an excellent job! I would definately recommend PetSmart classes

He learned 7 commands already(in 4 weeks), and he's only 13 weeks old!!!