Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: foster family for pets

1. KevzQueen

foster family for pets

Advertisements
    Anybody know of anyone who fosters animals around Central Valley? I need a loving family or two for Sammy and Kitty . It might just be until the summer because we may move.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Oh Trish-what happened why is it coming to this??
  3. Senior Member
    If I lived there I would take them. I hope you find someone that will be good to them.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Aww man that really sucks....

Here is a link to almost 800 CA pet rescues. You can find the ones closest to where you are, and contact them for assistance. Im sure there are more rescues, and these that are listed at this site can help you find them

California Pet Rescues
  5. happygirl0486
    hope they find a good home.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is someone making you do this?

We had a rottie when we lived in San Diego, that bit a kid that came over the fence into our yard to get his ball..... we just had to quarantine our dog inside our home for 10 days. They didnt make us get rid of Poncho....

edited to add... that was when we lived in Murphy Canyon housing...
  7. my AOC truly makes me happy
    my AOC truly makes me happy

O trish, I don't know anyone, I hope everything is okay.
  8. KevzQueen
    Well two security guys came today to see if I had any other pets. He told me that I had one hour to find them another place to live. One hour! It's a good thing I have no life! I couldn't help it, I just started crying right there in front of them.

He gave me an extension to call, but I decided to just drive to housing. I spoke to the housing manager. He said that they didn't know about my situation because he hasn't checked the blotter yet. He called security and got the details from them. He said that usually they put people on probation if something like this happens.

He thinks that the XO (I can't believe I'm using an acronym!) may feel as if we don't care because Sammy wasn't microchipped and we can't find his shots from last time. He said that we might be able to speak to the XO and ask to keep Kitty, but Sammy is barred from the base . The mgr said that if we had followed the regulations, then he would be able to speak for us, but since we didn't that would make "the home team" look bad.

Oh, I forgot about the one hour thing. I was so worried about the time because I didn't know if they'd come back and throw us out. He told me not to worry because that is just an unreasonable amount of time, and to stop looking at the clock. He gave me a letter that says we have 10 days to find another home for Kitty because our pet privileges were revoked.

It was funny after I thought about it: When I opened the laundry room to show Kitty to the security men, Kitty hauled ass upstairs. I didn't realize why he was scared, but I was thinking that maybe Kitty thought, 'Hell no! Those men took Sammy away.'

So we might move out of housing this summer. I just want to find a place for them until then because we can't move now.

Sammy is at Animal Control where he'll be for 10 days. He arrived there Monday. He slept in a cage behind and to the right of the security bldg on Sunday.
  9. Kym
    I guess I am out of the loop, but what happened to start all of this? Hope you find them good homes soon
  10. Kym
    sorry, just found the post you made. Beagles usually don't do that unless they feel threatened in some way. I feel bad for the child but maybe that kid was doing something to the dog to threaten him.
    My heart just breaks for you and your family. This is so hard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast