Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potty Box?

1. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer

Potty Box?

Advertisements
    How often do you change yours? And what type of litter do you use? Gravel or the clumping sand?

I change mine once a week, and I'm starting to think I need to do it twice a week. And we use the clumping sand, it works well.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Clumping sand... and I just scoop it out when I notice they have used it. Our cats are indoor outdoor cats though, so they only use it once in awhile.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Our little turds eat wet cat food and milk so their shit stinks baaad. So we usually do it daily. Plus we have a small condo and its in the laundry room, so I need to do it that often to keep the poopy drafts at bay.
  4. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I clean mine out 3 times a week and I use the arm & hammer clumping litter. I've used several kinds but it's the best. The litterbox is the only thing DH refuses to do...LOL...so it's all on me and the arm & hammer has the least dust and smells better than the others.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    With my cat I cleaned the clumps out daily or every other day. And weekly I changed the entire litter and washed out her box etc My favorite litter was tidy cat for multiple cats. The clumping one
  6. Senior Member
    I have a self cleaning box but I dump it once a week. I use Arm & Hammer clumping.

Ask Me About IH!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I change ours 3-4 times a week. I can't for the life of me remember what the brand is, fresh steps or something like that. I don't pay attention to the name anymore; I just grab the box when I see it. It is the clumping kind.
  8. bunkie
    I went and bought an automatic cat litter box...it was the best thing I ever did!!! WIth it I use the clumping cat litter. (you have too)

Before I had one, I cleaned it 2 times a week with clumping litter. It got so tedious though, so thats why I switched to the automatic box...THEY ROCK!
  9. Banned
    Banned
    I clean the box out once a week always on Sun unless it smells like death then I clean it before hand. We've gone through so many kinds of litter. We have two kitties and the best I've found is at Sam's Club it's a huge bag like 50lbs for 5 bucks. We baught it to try and now I'm hooked. It doesn't have any smelly stuff to it, it does have some dust but that goes away fast. It clumps and everything. Don't know what it's called but works for me and my two pain in the butts.
  10. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    We have 2 cats - and they mostly go outside. The will literally stand at the door, go do their thing, then come back and scratch on the door. We do have 2 poopy boxes that only get used occassionally - so that's when we clean them - occassionally. I just use regular Fresh Stip litter.

My little Loves!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast