Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Base Vet

1. stokes

Base Vet

Advertisements
    i super don't like the base vet. yesterday i took lola in for the temperment test, and they didn't even do anything. now don't get me wrong i love my dog but i know she has the tendancy to bite people. and isn't that what the test is for. to evaluate how she would act if provoked? they walked her into the room, patted her head gave her a treat and that was it. WASTE:mad it was a waste of time. it's a silly test and i don't think it serves it's purpose.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I only take my dogs to the base vet for shots and things like that because they don't seem to know anything else. They will even tell me to take them here or there for other types of help. Go figure.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I worked at a vets and never seen someone bring their dog in for a test like that...Thats something you need a behavoralist for, and you can call a shelter and find them (most of them have them)...
  5. stokes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl
    I worked at a vets and never seen someone bring their dog in for a test like that...Thats something you need a behavoralist for, and you can call a shelter and find them (most of them have them)...

the shelter we got her from wouldn't do one and we had to have one to register lola on base. if it wasn't for the base we wouldn't of done it.
  6. purityfrenchies
    Is Lola a fear biter or people aggressive or is she dominant aggressive? I would assume with the "test" they did she is a fear biter or dominant aggressive. Did the test suuficed for getting her registered? If you want to explore her temperament issues further, I would go to a trainer or behaviorist. If you go to a trainer, double check their credentials because anyone can throw together a business card and call themselves a trainer. If I can help with anything email or PM me. Good luck!
  7. c130jwife
    Don't let me get started on the VET out here on the San Diego Base.. ( Miramar ) that lady shouldn't even be a VET!!! I was so pissed about it that I blogged it on MYSPACE...LOL!!!
  8. bunkie
    The vets on post are clinics. They are only mean to do things like shots, spays/nuters, dentals...basically short term non emergency care.

They aren't behaviorist but when you work with animals sooo long you basically have become one. You have to learn animal behavior to even become a tech/vet. They can perform the tests especially if it was required for housing and it will be fine. No one really looks at the signature on the test.

I know first hand that was not a temperment test...but at least your dog didn't bite anyone right? Thats always good!

I take mine on post for their usual because its cheaper, but if its something I can't treat (I'm a tech) and know wouldn't be best suited for the clinic then I go to a hospital.