Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair products for thin, limp hair!

1. Senior Member

Hair products for thin, limp hair!

Advertisements
    I have an iron deficiency and as a result, my hair is thinning. Here are some products I use to make my hair look thicker and healthier:
    >Avalon Organics Thickening Shampoo with Biotin-B
    -$10 at almost any drug store, but I found mine for $7 on Amazon.
    -Pros: Gave my hair volume with the first use, and keeps on getting better
    -Cons: May cause scalp dryness because it cleans the hair follicles so well. Use with any moisturizing condition and a good leave-in however many times a week as you want.
    -More reviews at Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Avalon Organics: Biotin B Complex Thickening Shampoo, 14 oz
    >Thicker Fuller Hair Instantly Thick Serum
    -Around $7 at any drug store
    -Pros: Does an excellent job at making hair look and feel thicker, but is best at leaving hair manageable but stronger. For some reason, it makes my hair dry quicker, too!
    -Cons: If I put too much in my hair, you can definitely tell. Only a small amount is need.
    -More reviews at Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thicker Fuller Hair Instantly Thick Serum, 5 oz.
    >Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus, Humidity Resisting
    -$15-$20 at any hair salon
    -Pros: Lasts forever, seriously. Not much is needed to get great results. Lifts hair from roots and gives perfect volume.
    -Cons: Again, don't use too much. Only works for me if use with round stylish brush while blowdrying. Can make blow-trying time longer, too.
    -More reviews at Amazon.com: Big Sexy Hair Humidity Resistant Volumizing Spray Mousse, Root Pump Plus, 10.6 oz (300 g): Beauty
    >It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In, Plus Keratin
    -Around $15 at drug stores & hair salons
    -Pros: Amazing results on dry, frizzy hair. My hair feels so soft and lovely after using this, I can't stop touching it! It definitely helps with my fly-away hairs, too.
    -Cons: Works best when layered with other products versus solo use. Expensive for such a tiny bottle Can leave hair sticky if too much is used- you'll have to determine what "too much" is for your hair.
    -More Reviews at Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin 4oz
    >Garnier Fructis Style Volumizing Anti Humidity Hairspray
    -$4 at any drug store
    -Pros: Can be used on hair with no additional products, and you will still see a difference in volume! A very desirable price. Last a considerably long time. Does not leave hair feeling sticky or weighed down. Lasts a long time.
    -Cons: None for me grin:
    -More reviews at Buy Garnier Fructis Style Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray, Extra Strong 3 & More | drugstore.com
    >Any Boar Bristle Brush
    -Varying prices, starting around $7 at any store
    -Pros: They are the best brushes for hair that needs extra shine and damage control/repair. Gives natural volume a lift. Leaves hair very soft. Does not tug or break hair.
    -Cons: Not the best with untangling.
    -More reviews at Buy Conair Brush Performers Full Round 100% Boar Bristle Brush, Large & More | drugstore.com

I also take hair, skin, and nail vitamins with plenty of Biotin and Folic Acid and a multivitamin (may sound odd, but a Prenatal is the most potent usually) with plenty of Omega-3, Iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin B Complex, and Vitaman E. In my opinion, if I want to see regrowth of my hair the best and most natural way, taking account and care of what I actually put in my body is the way to go. I haven't used any external hair-growth products such as Rogaine, so I cannot really review them. However, it just make sense to me to replenish my body with what it is lacking and causing my hair to not grow or be thin!

I hope my reviews and comments are of any help to you guys. Let me know of any other products/tricks you may have!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the reviews! I have naturally fine, thin hair & it sucks! Seriously, I can't ever have a part or it looks like I have bald spots.

I just found this shampoo & conditioner that I just started using a few days ago. I hope it helps!

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening ... : Target

Conditioner: Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening... : Target
    I didn't buy them at Target but I sure am happy to see they sell them. I just bought them here at the NEX.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I naturally have fine, thick hair, which isn't really a problem to style. Now PP though, my hair has all been falling out I literally run my fingers through it and pull out 10 or 15 strands. When I shower and do my hair, hundreds of them-- handfuls upon handfuls all over the countertops, floor, etc. Just clogged my shower again the other day. I don't really know how to style it anymore, so thank you so much for the reviews!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Thank you for the reviews! I have naturally fine, thin hair & it sucks! Seriously, I can't ever have a part or it looks like I have bald spots.

I just found this shampoo & conditioner that I just started using a few days ago. I hope it helps!

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening ... : Target

Conditioner: Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening... : Target
    I didn't buy them at Target but I sure am happy to see they sell them. I just bought them here at the NEX.
    I can barely part my hair too! I have to part it severely to one side to cover up my hair line. Thank you for the suggestion! I'll give it try once my shampoo runs out. Really awesome price!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    I naturally have fine, thick hair, which isn't really a problem to style. Now PP though, my hair has all been falling out I literally run my fingers through it and pull out 10 or 15 strands. When I shower and do my hair, hundreds of them-- handfuls upon handfuls all over the countertops, floor, etc. Just clogged my shower again the other day. I don't really know how to style it anymore, so thank you so much for the reviews!
    Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I don't have any kids, but I've heard stories of women's hair thinning/falling out post-pregnancy. Do you color-treat your hair? Variations in hair tone and highlights create more depth and make hair look so much thicker. Also, shorter hair cuts work better, as most thin hair is weighed down and gets stringy the longer it gets. You could try a short, choppy bob with bangs or even shorter with choppy, cute layers!
  6. Stresses over everything!
    Stresses over everything!
    Have you used Aveda products? I have fine hair and they are my favorite from what I've tried so far. Just wondering because I haven't tried anything on your list.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by thoseredkeds View Post
    Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I don't have any kids, but I've heard stories of women's hair thinning/falling out post-pregnancy. Do you color-treat your hair? Variations in hair tone and highlights create more depth and make hair look so much thicker. Also, shorter hair cuts work better, as most thin hair is weighed down and gets stringy the longer it gets. You could try a short, choppy bob with bangs or even shorter with choppy, cute layers!
    I know the short hair works better for thin hair, but I loooove my long hair. It's taken years for me to grow it down past my boobs, so I couldn't bear to chop it off. I'm hoping that it balances back out to thick like it used to be. Really, really hoping!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa82 View Post
    Have you used Aveda products? I have fine hair and they are my favorite from what I've tried so far. Just wondering because I haven't tried anything on your list.
    I actually visited Aveda yesterday and thought seriously about that hair care line for thicker hair that they have. I forgot what it's called? But I ended up spending on the enbrightenment line instead.
  9. Stresses over everything!
    Stresses over everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by thoseredkeds View Post
    I actually visited Aveda yesterday and thought seriously about that hair care line for thicker hair that they have. I forgot what it's called? But I ended up spending on the enbrightenment line instead.
    I use this volume line and LOVE it. The bottles last me a long time too because I only wash my hair every 2-3 days and I don't need a lot (since I have fine hair, lol). It's done me wonders.

create volume > Hair Concern > Aveda

I just went to their site and see they have this new line for thin hair. I might just have to try it out.

thin hair > Hair Concern > Aveda

I also love this for damage control from hot irons and hair dryers. I have not found anything like it. Most of the heat protectants are heavy, sticky and gross, not this one! It's also great for rejuvenating your hair on days your don't wash.
    Brilliant™ Damage Control™ > smooth and tame > Hair Care > Aveda

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an ad, I just love this brand!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    I know the short hair works better for thin hair, but I loooove my long hair. It's taken years for me to grow it down past my boobs, so I couldn't bear to chop it off. I'm hoping that it balances back out to thick like it used to be. Really, really hoping!
    I understand- I've been growing my hair out from a pixie cut I was forced to get when an awful hairdresser gave me a mullet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast